Recommend me some Izzard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommend me some Izzard

I've totally turned the corner on Eddie Izzard, as has my wife. She has hinted in no uncertain terms that she expects an Eddie DVD for Christmas, so I thought I'd tap the vast Poly resources to help determine which one to get her.

We already own "Dress To Kill."

I understand the current tour (now playing the West End) is going to available as audio-only. The site says "this show will never be released on DVD." Which makes me sad.

So, Definite Article, Circle, or soemthing else? and why?
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Definite Article is at You Tube.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I absolutely love Dress to Kill, but that's actually the only one I've come across that I really liked. I can't put my finger on why, exactly.

-Arrian
      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

OMG! One of my favs! He's great. Try his new one called Circle, he's really funny. We watch the show on FX called The Riches with him and Minnie Driver. It's good to, but not a comedy.
        Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
        Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
        Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
        You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Comment

Tiamat sighting! How's the bakery biz, girl?
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

U-tube has several Izzard bits. Most of them are done with stop-action Legos...which is surreal.

Comment

He's very funny. I listen to him on internet radio. I don't have any of his CDs though.
              I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
              - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

I bought "Sexie" the other day. Quality stuff
                I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Wwwwwrrrrrrrrmmmmmm.......... Chockolate biZZZZZkiiiit---hhhhhrrrr
                  Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                  I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                  Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Seriously, I'd give Glorious a try. Very funny.
                    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

I can't put my finger on why, exactly.
                      Probably because Eddie Izzard isn't really that funny.

Comment

Depends on your sense of humor. I think Jerry Lewis is funny. Some don't think so. I don't get Monty Python. Some love him. Doesn't make either correct, it makes us different.
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
                        X