Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If evolution had been known all along...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am speaking of Gutenberg's Printing Press, the one that revolutionized the world.
    be free

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade Snuggles
      Originally posted by Barnabas
      And you don't think it takes a lot of faith to believe in Marx's predictions for the future of mankind? Commies have their own "end of times" and "paradise" faith based concepts.

The "predictions" of Marxism are based on scientific analysis and history.
      Seriously Chegitz, it's based on hegelian dialectics, which is profoundly metaphysical.

Which of course does not discredit them - it only shows that metaphysics can be valid...
      In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Marx's predictions aren't any worse than anyone elses.
        Last edited by Kidlicious; November 16, 2008, 20:52.
        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

from evolution to marx, that's bad people
          "To watch your eniemies die in glorious color and sourround sound is surely one of the greatest advantages of technology." - Eoin Colfer
          "You get more flies with a dead body than with honey." - Joshua Wade

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious
            Marx's predictions aren't any worse than anyone elses.
            No, a lot of other people's predictions actually came true, and not in a self-fulfilling prophecy way. Just off the top of my head, Churchill's "they had to choose between war and dishonor. They chose dishonor; they shall have war."

And now that I said that, somebody's going to dig up the quote and tell me it's apocryphal.
            1011 1100
            Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Elok

No, a lot of other people's predictions actually came true, and not in a self-fulfilling prophecy way. Just off the top of my head, Churchill's "they had to choose between war and dishonor. They chose dishonor; they shall have war."

And now that I said that, somebody's going to dig up the quote and tell me it's apocryphal.
              That one was too easy, and you are a show off.

Comment

You want non-easy predictions? How about Alan Turing's? Or do those not count either?
                1011 1100
                Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

I'm not familiar with him. Predictions regarding the economy are in order though.

Comment

Originally posted by Oncle Boris
                    Seriously Chegitz, it's based on hegelian dialectics, which is profoundly metaphysical.

Which of course does not discredit them - it only shows that metaphysics can be valid...

Hegel's dialectics are indeed metaphysical, because Hegel was an idealist philosopher. For him, the dialectic was the clash of ideas. Marxist dialectics, however, are based on the processes of the world: time, change, chaos, etc. Remember Marx's famous quote about standing Hegel on his head. One of the main thinkers of Chaos theory, Ilya Prigogene, in the 1970s credited Marxist dialectics as a precursor (by about 100 years).
                    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Working...
                    X