• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• facebook in 50 years

Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

It'll be much more interesting in about 10 years when the kids who are using it now start to get into high prestige jobs or run for political office and all the stupid crap they did through university comes back to haunt them.

Comment

Funny pictures thread
      Unbelievable!

Comment

Originally posted by Cavalcadeus
        It'll be much more interesting in about 10 years when the kids who are using it now start to get into high prestige jobs or run for political office and all the stupid crap they did through university comes back to haunt them.

I'll give this a QFT.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Cavalcadeus
          Why? The vast majority have permissions set to friends-only, which means it is not cached by any web crawlers. You can also purge the site of any public information very quickly.

Facebook,with its extensive permissions control, isn't a big privacy risk if used properly. Which most people seem to do, at least the people who will get high prestige jobs aresmart enough to do...
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I think his point was that they would recognize their ignorant later in life, not that it was a security risk.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

I'm pretty sure he's referring to info left on the page coming back to haunting people.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

You could be right.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

Why? The vast majority have permissions set to friends-only, which means it is not cached by any web crawlers. You can also purge the site of any public information very quickly.

Facebook,with its extensive permissions control, isn't a big privacy risk if used properly. Which most people seem to do, at least the people who will get high prestige jobs aresmart enough to do...
                  Well that may be the case for "high prestige" hirers generally, but the subset requiring a security clearance probably would have no qualms about hacking into the profile. I'm not aware of facebook's permissions control being totally airtight.
                  Unbelievable!

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                    I think his point was that they would recognize their ignorant later in life, not that it was a security risk.
                    Bollox

Time spent partying at uni is time spent well

:smile:
                    "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                    "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Working...
                    X