Help with Damon Tools.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Damon Tools.

I was trying to install the latest copy of damon tools to install some software and I got a notice from Windows that "Damon Tools software has been blocked by Microsoft for compatibility issues." What gives? I never noticed any compatibility issues in the past. Has MS just figured out that Damon Tools is mostly used by people who acquire software via P2P and now they're trying to block it?

I'm getting the feeling that MS is trying to tell me what to do with my own computer and that pisses me off.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Maybe I'm going over board and there really are compatibility issues. I'll try other versions.

Comment

I have it in Vista 64 bit. No problem. If there's no compatibility issues in a 64 bit Windows, there's no issues at all.
      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Older versions work but the newest one doesn't. Strange.

Comment

Mine's from september btw.
          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

It's Daemon Tools, and it's pronounced "Demon Tools". Daemon is a computer term.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

The one I have installed is 4.30.0.0.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I have 4.30.1 on my work computer.

I run it on XP, Vista-32, and Vista-64.

Did you get the latest Windows Updates, specifically the compatibility fixes?
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Just loaded some updates now.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                    It's Daemon Tools, and it's pronounced "Demon Tools". Daemon is a computer term.
                    I was wondering what he was talking about...maybe he spent all the money from the Bourne films on hookers and blow and needed to lend his star power to a software company or something?
                    1011 1100
                    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

If this were counterglow, I'd start a thread called "Need help with Damon's tool" with content: "I'm ****ing Matt Damon".

Comment

Originally posted by Elok

I was wondering what he was talking about...maybe he spent all the money from the Bourne films on hookers and blow and needed to lend his star power to a software company or something?
                        It's not the most difficult thing to grasp.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                          X