Free Stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Stuff

I don't know how many of you were aware of it, but for the past few years, I've been leading a volunteer effort to get a computer game put together.

We're still working on the game itself (ten alpha builds into things, and it's starting to actually LOOK like a game now! ), but because I write, the story element was hugely important to me. So important, in fact, that I wound up "accidentally" writing a trilogy of books around the central themes and characters of the game itself.

The first of those is now ready to be released into the wilds, and I wanted to mention it here to see if there would be any interest in downloading the e-book and giving it a read.

The e-book we've created is absolutely unabridged, so it's not some cheesy "you're only getting half the story" type thing. Nope...it's the complete book, and contains a bunch of Hex's--Hexagonian's-- (stunning, as always!) artwork. He really pushed himself for this project, and IMO, it's worth the download just to look at all the pretty pictures, but I'll leave that in your hands.

I would ask that if you decide to download and take a peek, you post a reply here, so as to help keep this topic on the front page for at least a little while.

Thank you in advance!

Where the e-book lives:

4shared is a perfect place to store your pictures, documents, videos and files, so you can share them with friends, family, and the world. Claim your free 15GB now!

-=Vel=-

PS: Oh, and if you know anybody who's interested in fantasy at all, give this book to them and help us spread the word!
    Last edited by Velociryx; November 11, 2008, 18:04.
    The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Re: Free Stuff

Originally posted by Velociryx
    I don't know how many of you were aware of it, but for the past few years, I've been leading a volunteer effort to get a computer game put together.

We're still working on the game itself (ten alpha builds into things, and it's starting to actually LOOK like a game now! ), but because I write, the story element was hugely important to me. So important, in fact, that I wound up "accidentally" writing a trilogy of books around the central themes and characters of the game itself.

The first of those is now ready to be released into the wilds, and I wanted to mention it here to see if there would be any interest in downloading the e-book and giving it a read.

The e-book we've created is absolutely unabridged, so it's not some cheesy "you're only getting half the story" type thing. Nope...it's the complete book, and contains a bunch of Hex's--Hexagonian's-- (stunning, as always!) artwork. He really pushed himself for this project, and IMO, it's worth the download just to look at all the pretty pictures, but I'll leave that in your hands.

I would ask that if you decide to download and take a peek, you post a reply here, so as to help keep this topic on the front page for at least a little while.

Thank you in advance!

Where the e-book lives:

4shared is a perfect place to store your pictures, documents, videos and files, so you can share them with friends, family, and the world. Claim your free 15GB now!

-=Vel=-

PS: Oh, and if you know anybody who's interested in fantasy at all, give this book to them and help us spread the word!
    I have been aware for several years, yes and have kept it quiet.

Best of fortunes =Vel=
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

awesome vel, just downloaded it!
      Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
      Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
      giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

vel, do you have a page or something about the book that i can link to?

Comment

Thanks fot the book Vel.
          Long time member @ Apolyton
          Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

also, why do you put it on http://issuu.com ?

Comment

Pretty cool. I've downloaded and will read it all soon.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Thanks to everyone who has commented and downloaded so far! I really appreciate it, and invite you to participate in the discussion thread on the book, right here on 'poly:

And Markos, to answer your question, we hold all our discussions about stuff in the candle'bre forums here on apolyton, but we do have our own "front door" so to speak, which can be found here:

(and features some more of Hex's fantabulous art!)

Should have the rest of the trilogy available in about a week, on the candlebre.com site!

-=Vel=-

PS: re publication - I'm currently being reviewed by a publishing house for a paperback edition, so until I hear from them, I'm holding off on any attempts to do it myself, but as I have no contacts in the publishing world, that may well fall through, and if it does...
                The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

you could always use cafepress.com to publish the book

Comment

Another good name in the business, and believe me, I'm definitely not against the notion of self publishing...I like the idea of maintaining complete control of my work, so that (cafepress, et. al.) holds a lot of appeal for me.

If the thing with the current people I'm talking to doesn't pan out, or isn't the kind of deal I want, I'll definitely do it the other way.

-=Vel=-

Comment

Downloaded and had a quick browse.

Let your every day be full of joy, love the child that holds your hand, let your wife delight in your embrace, for these alone are the concerns of humanity.
                      The BtS Pitboss Team Democracy Game has just started!!!
                      Come and test your metal in the Apolyton Civ4 Beyond the Sword Tri-League Tournament
                      Tohunga o kairākau of Southern Cross in the Warlords Pitboss Team Democracy Game, and Member of the Great Council and Curator of The Khan's Compendium for The Horde in the Civ4 Team Democracy Game

Comment

Working...
                      X