No announcement yet.

K-19 all over again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like yard workers were most of the victims. CNN was referring to the cause of the death as the anti-fire "freon system" being activated...I'm assuming they meant Halon.
    Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Reporters cannot be expected to distinguish "freon" from Halon in a Russian explanation of the accident. Too bad for those that smothered.
      No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
      "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Originally posted by Timexwatch
        Rumor has it the sub was destined for India. I wonder how many Indian sailors, if any, were on board. I bet this doesn't instill confidence in Russian workmanship...
        You're going on the assumption that there was any in the first place.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Yeah, tough loss. RIP

At least they didn't blame the casualties on an attack.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Timexwatch
            Rumor has it the sub was destined for India. I wonder how many Indian sailors, if any, were on board. I bet this doesn't instill confidence in Russian workmanship...
            What?? Our subs are much better than Russian subs. India should be buying stuff like this from us.

Comment

well we're not too keen on selling it to them.

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler

What?? Our subs are much better than Russian subs. India should be buying stuff like this from us.
                Yeah, but our stuff is more expensive. Plus I think we sell only the really good **** to the UK.
                Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Originally posted by rah
                  Yeah, tough loss. RIP

At least they didn't blame the casualties on an attack.

No they are blaming a single sailor now... Way to go Russia
                  "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Is there a reason that can't be the case?
                    "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Working...
                    X