No announcement yet.

What's the key to your pizza?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here in Australia, we have proper Italian restaurants for pizza.

Turks and Iraqis make the pizzas here in Denmark.

They're great, if, on principle, you don't want to support anyone paying their taxes. Quite unparalleled.

Comment

Hard to say, becasue of a dilema in the criteria.

I define pizza (as opposed to focaccia or something else) by the dough/crust, but what I like about it is the cheese and sauce.
      Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
      Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
      "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
      From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Originally posted by Winston

They're great, if, on principle, you don't want to support anyone paying their taxes. Quite unparalleled.
        Here, they own more and more pizza restaurants too. But their dough is normally to greasy, garlic-impregnated and thick.
        "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
        "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
          Ontario says your avatar deal. Well you don't know any better. You DO live in a pizza wasteland Xorbon. Sorry to break it to you. Listen well now, during your life I charge you to go forth into the world to that place on the map on the east coast of the country just south of yours known as 'New York'. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villany, you should be careful. There you will find, among the back streets and alley ways, amid the pimps, hookers and has beens, the truly greatest pizzas ever brought into this world. Welcome to Pizza heaven.

Do not become sidetracked by that other place, that dark place which offers some sort of goo in a flour bucket, a pizza pot pie of sorts, chicago. They have lived their illusions so long it seems natural to them. Besides that, they are all *******s. Go there not.
          Seeing as the 2 people who either are terrists or fled America b/c they hate it so much like NY "pizza", it proves that REAL Americans prefer Chicago-style.

And dough is #1 importance, and winston is indeed a freak. With or without cheese.
          I'm consitently stupid- Japher
          I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Its amazing you can use 'Chicago' and 'style' in the same sentence without dying or something.

OMG!
            Long time member @ Apolyton
            Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Even more amazing than "Oregon" and "civilization".
              I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

There is no civilization in Oregon.

Comment

I hear the cultural levels go up there exponentially every winter for several months before declining again in the spring.

Comment

What an interesting coincidence! That's when we...HEY!

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat

I get sick eating cheese
                      Lactaid is your friend.

Let's me eat cheese on my Pizza's all the time.

I'm going to go with sauce on this topic though.

I can chew through a tough crust, and handle the rubber cheese, but a bland sauce makes me want to spit it out.
                      One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                      You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Agreed. Sauce is tops on my list, followed closely by the dough.

A pizza without sauce is not really a pizza to me.
                        be free

Comment

Originally posted by Winston

Here we have both. Ner-ner!
                          "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Comment

My favourite pizza in Durham is from a take away that uses 100% halal meat, and lets me have peperoni, salami, bolognase and kebab meat on the pizza. Gorgeous
                            You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

This thread is ridiculous. It should be obvious that the key, "make or break" part of the pizza is the dough.

And regarding cheese, it is the greatest food and goes with everything. While I always have it on my pizza, the original pizza (the marinara) has a topping of tomato, oregano, garlic, extra virgin olive oil and usually basil but no cheese.

I think threads on pizza should be banned as they make me hungry and I'm only allowed one pizza a week now....

Comment

Originally posted by Krill
                                My favourite pizza in Durham is from a take away that uses 100% halal meat, and lets me have peperoni, salami, bolognase and kebab meat on the pizza. Gorgeous
                                How in the world do you have halal pepperoni? Or is it really not pepperoni?
                                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                                X