Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Impaler[WrG]
    SAUCE FTW!!

It definatly the sauce which separates great pizza from good, average and sub-par pizza. Of the dominant chains I'd rank them as follows,

Papa Johns - good,
    Pizza Hut - average,
    Dominoes - sub-par

And 70% of that is the sauce, Dominoes uses undiluted tomato paste, Pizza Hut's uses a few spices and Papa Johns a few more. Their are also some improvements in crust and cheese quality as you go up the ladder. toppings are applied more generously but are still fundamentally the same in any chain. The sauce is the key and a truly great pizzeria will always be one which has the best sauce, the other three factors 'max out' much earlier at the 'good' pizza level leaving the sauce the deciding factor in the top tier pizzas separating good from great.
    Well, the Papa Johns here sucks Blue balled Donkey Kong d!ck$, so they need to follow better directions

I am actually convinced now that Sauce is something I hadnt thought of as being pertinent to good pizza, but now agree, which doesnt bode well for franchise pizza style delivered sources

But thats fast food Pizza for ya, masas produced for mass delivery

Honestly, DiGorno is pretty well overall
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Originally posted by Adagio

Too much cheese ...
      I don't understand the concept.

But I don't eat much pizza nowadays.
      Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
      Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
      One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
        ...Listen well now, during your life I charge you to go forth into the world to that place on the map on the east coast of the country just south of yours known as 'New York'. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villany, you should be careful. There you will find, among the back streets and alley ways, amid the pimps, hookers and has beens, the truly greatest pizzas ever brought into this world. Welcome to Pizza heaven.

Do not become sidetracked by that other place, that dark place which offers some sort of goo in a flour bucket, a pizza pot pie of sorts, chicago. They have lived their illusions so long it seems natural to them. Besides that, they are all *******s. Go there not.

I would never go to any "dark place which offers some sort of goo in a flour bucket". That sounds awful.

But, what about Chicago? I heard they have pizza in the form of a pie. How awesome is that?
        "Every time I have to make a tough decision, I ask myself, 'What would Tom Cruise do?' Then I jump up and down on the couch." - Neil Strauss

Comment

Originally posted by Xorbon

I would never go to any "dark place which offers some sort of goo in a flour bucket". That sounds awful.

But, what about Chicago? I heard they have pizza in the form of a pie. How awesome is that?
          "Pie" is Chicagoian for "pizza."

Comment

You can lead a horse to water...
            Long time member @ Apolyton
            Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
              You can lead a horse to water...
              Q F T
              Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                Beer in the sauce. We have an idea trending, now.

Nuh unh, beer in the dough! At my first job, Orlando's Pizza, in Batavia, IL (not a Chicago style place, btw), we made our dough and let it sit for several days, so the yeast had time to do their thing. It came out crispy and flaky, like a cracker. One time I found a bag that had sat for five days. I popped it open, and literally almost passed out from the alcohol vapor I inhaled. We didn't give any to the customers but made a pie for ourselves with it and it was amazing. Their sauce wasn't that great (too garlicky for most people, but I loved it at the time).

I voted for sauce, but this comment made me think about it, and really, the best crust will make decent pie, but lousy crust can't be saved. Papa John's is just god awful.
                Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Chicago pizza is ****. I have tried it many many times. I was not impressed. It's a large crusty bowl, filled with cheese which is layered with too much sauce. Sorry Chicago, but it really is a sucky design, probably why you can't find it all over the world.

It sounds as if Pizza Hut in America sucks. Well over here and back in NZ, it is quite popular. They make very good pizza's.

However, I have found the local shops, the no-name, unpopular around the world, are the best. Here in Singapore there is one called Rite Pizza, which are very very nice, in fact I have a box at home in the fridge storing my dinner for tonight.

Back in NZ, we have Hell Pizza, very very nice, with a lot of creative flavours. www.hell.co.nz
                  be free

Comment

Here in Australia, we have proper Italian restaurants for pizza. You people with your pizza franchises are living like ignorant pigs in a sty.
                    The dough of every pizza must be nice, chewy, soft and thick. That's the way I like my pizzas, anyway. And frankly I don't care whatever you commie-loving Americans have to say about it.
                    "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Comment

I love cheese, but this is overkill.
                      be free

Comment

red cheese?
                        "

Comment

Originally posted by FrostyBoy

I love cheese, but this is overkill.
                          Whatever this is, it is NOT pizza (even "normal" Chicago style "pizzas" are not pizzas).

Italian pizza.
                          "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
                          "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

I havent yet had a Chicago or New York pizza that I've liked. The two best I ever had were a BBQ pizza I got at some place on the water in San Diego and a cheese pizza I got near the Rialto bridge in Venice.
                            We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                            If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                            Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

TEH PIZZANESS.
                              APOSTOLNIK BEANIE BERET BICORNE BIRETTA BOATER BONNET BOWLER CAP CAPOTAIN CHADOR COIF CORONET CROWN DO-RAG FEDORA FEZ GALERO HAIRNET HAT HEADSCARF HELMET HENNIN HIJAB HOOD KABUTO KERCHIEF KOLPIK KUFI MITRE MORTARBOARD PERUKE PICKELHAUBE SKULLCAP SOMBRERO SHTREIMEL STAHLHELM STETSON TIARA TOQUE TOUPEE TRICORN TRILBY TURBAN VISOR WIG YARMULKE ZUCCHETTO

Comment

Originally posted by Wernazuma III

Whatever this is, it is NOT pizza (even "normal" Chicago style "pizzas" are not pizzas).

Italian pizza.
                                That is a normal Chicago pizza, and it is teh best. Soft chewy dough is the worst. Crispy crust is teh awesome!
                                Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Working...
                                X