• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
    Only if its made with beer
    Cold Dunkel not that P!$$ warm english $h!t
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Beer in the sauce. We have an idea trending, now.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat
        Using wiki as an argument - well we seems to become desperate, don't we ?
        wiki

People disparaging wiki (ie, haters)
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
          Lactose intolerant. We need potato pizza!
          Potato pizza isn't that something like rice with potatoes

Well, I'm not lactose intolerant - I drink lots of milk. It's only when it's turned into that abomity called cheese that I start to vomit and feel sick - hell, even the stench from a cheese shop can make me take another route.
          With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

wiki

People disparaging wiki (ie, haters)
            Don't mind wiki at all - it's a fine source for finding leads to wisdom - though using it as a fountain of wisdom is, well, not wise
            With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

The Toppings - This can make or break a pizza, so it's obviously most important

The Cheese - This can easily break a pizza. Too much cheese and the pizza is uneatable... unfortunately all pizza's in Germany puts extremely much cheese on the pizza, so I have started making my own pizzas instead of ordering pizza
              This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

What seperates real pizza from the chains is the dough. Good toppings and cheese can cover when the dough is mediocre though.
                We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

The toppings determine whether I will touch any particular slice at all or not.
                  Acceptable toppings for me include:
                  meat and meat products
                  seafood
                  tomoatoes
                  mushrooms
                  some fish

Add anything else, like pineapples, onions, bell peppers or olives, and I will not touch it. Well, I might touch onions.

I can eat a pizza with thick crust or mediocre cheese if it has appropriate toppings, but not a pizza with pineapples and dried fish even if it has delicious thin crust and irresistably fragrant cheese.
                  Graffiti in a public toilet
                  Do not require skill or wit
                  Among the **** we all are poets
                  Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

The last really good pizza I has was smoked salmon and caviar with creme fraiche and herbs. The pizza was cold of course.
                    We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                    If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                    Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Re: What's the key to your pizza?

You're poll question..

Originally posted by Jonny
                      The most important part of the pizza is...
                      and the question in your OP..

Originally posted by Jonny
                      You're getting ready to dig into a piping hot pizza fresh from the oven, but what part of it are you looking forward to the most? What's that key part of the pizza that can either make or break your pizza experience?
                      Are different and result in two different answers.

To me, the most important part of the pizza is the crust. The crust is what everything is built on. However, a bad crust and be negated by a good sauce.

The part of a pizza that I look forward to the most, is the cheese.
                      Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                      1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
                        There are places in the country that are pizza abomination of desolation areas. I know, I live in one. Where are you at?
                        Where I live isn't a "pizza abomination of desolation area", but it isn't an area of spectacular pizza cuisine either.

Mostly what we have are chains: some good, some meh. The independent pizza places I've gone to around here are sub-par.
                        "Every time I have to make a tough decision, I ask myself, 'What would Tom Cruise do?' Then I jump up and down on the couch." - Neil Strauss

Comment

Ontario says your avatar deal. Well you don't know any better. You DO live in a pizza wasteland Xorbon. Sorry to break it to you. Listen well now, during your life I charge you to go forth into the world to that place on the map on the east coast of the country just south of yours known as 'New York'. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villany, you should be careful. There you will find, among the back streets and alley ways, amid the pimps, hookers and has beens, the truly greatest pizzas ever brought into this world. Welcome to Pizza heaven.

Do not become sidetracked by that other place, that dark place which offers some sort of goo in a flour bucket, a pizza pot pie of sorts, chicago. They have lived their illusions so long it seems natural to them. Besides that, they are all *******s. Go there not.

Last edited by Lancer; November 9, 2008, 18:19.
                          Long time member @ Apolyton
                          Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

I don't see the toppings being the key, because with a good pizza I'm perfectly fine eating it plain (just sauce and cheese).
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

SAUCE FTW!!

It definatly the sauce which separates great pizza from good, average and sub-par pizza. Of the dominant chains I'd rank them as follows,

Papa Johns - good,
                              Pizza Hut - average,
                              Dominoes - sub-par

And 70% of that is the sauce, Dominoes uses undiluted tomato paste, Pizza Hut's uses a few spices and Papa Johns a few more. Their are also some improvements in crust and cheese quality as you go up the ladder. toppings are applied more generously but are still fundamentally the same in any chain. The sauce is the key and a truly great pizzeria will always be one which has the best sauce, the other three factors 'max out' much earlier at the 'good' pizza level leaving the sauce the deciding factor in the top tier pizzas separating good from great.
                              Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

Originally posted by onodera
                                seafood
                                some fish
                                Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Comment

Working...
                                X