No announcement yet.

Republican Knives come out for Palin...lots of dirt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

to be fair to McCain he probably could not have expected her to be so uninformed being a governor and politician for a while... even though I am sure he regrets not having a long interview session before picking her...
    Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
    GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

The exit polls show that Palin was a net drag on McCain's ticket. She was not the only reason he lost, but she lost him votes, and that is exactly what a VP choice is NOT supposed to do - either they are a complete wash, or help in some state with hometown pride.

And while Ms. Palin might be charismatic and good with crowds, she has not done anything to show that she has any intellectual heft.
      If you don't like reality, change it! me
      "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
      "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
      "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

There are several reasons why I strongly dislike Palin. And I also know that McCain could have chosen a much better running mate for his campaign.

But if a story sounds so exaggerated when talking about Palin's character and her intelligence that it seems comical and over-the-top I find such stories hard to believe.
        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

What about the story sound so far fetched as to lose credibility?

her shopping spree? Her attempt to give a concession speech on election night?

Her failure to know about Africa? Hell, sorry to say, but Sarah Palin would not be alone by a long shot with that mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
            What about the story sound so far fetched as to lose credibility?

her shopping spree? Her attempt to give a concession speech on election night?

Her failure to know about Africa? Hell, sorry to say, but Sarah Palin would not be alone by a long shot with that mistake.
            Luckily though most people who don't know about Africa being a continent don't think they are qualified to be president of the USA
            Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
            Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

maybe she thought she was running for pope.
              "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

I don't see how anyone could spend 150 000 $ on a wardrobe? How much is a formal business dress of good quality and major brand? 1000$? How many do you need during a 2 month campaign? Not more than 10, I assume, most hotels have laundry service, you know. Add some formal evening dresses a couple of business suits and a tuxedo for your spouse. 50 grand, max.
                So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Funny how those "sources" on the Africa/NAFTA part all cite back to the same exact report by Cameron. Is there any independent corroboration whatsoever?
                  Unbelievable!

Comment

NYT:

Advisers in the McCain campaign, in suggesting that Palin advisers had been leaking damaging information about the McCain campaign to the news media, said they were particularly suspicious of Randy Scheunemann, Mr. McCain's top foreign policy aide who had a central role in preparing Ms. Palin for the vice-presidential debate.

As a result, two senior members of the McCain campaign said on Wednesday that Mr. Scheunemann had been fired from the campaign in its final days. But Rick Davis, the McCain campaign manager, and Mr. Salter, one of Mr. McCain's closest advisers, said Wednesday that Mr. Scheunemann had in fact not been dismissed. Mr. Scheunemann, who picked up the phone in his office at McCain campaign headquarters on Wednesday afternoon, responded that "anybody who says I was fired is either lying or delusional or a whack job."

Comment

Originally posted by Chemical Ollie
                      I don't see how anyone could spend 150 000 $ on a wardrobe? How much is a formal business dress of good quality and major brand? 1000$? How many do you need during a 2 month campaign? Not more than 10, I assume, most hotels have laundry service, you know. Add some formal evening dresses a couple of business suits and a tuxedo for your spouse. 50 grand, max.
                      You can easily spend upwards of $3000 on a designer dress or suit at a high end retailer. If you use a different one daily, that would be $21,000 a week, and that is just the suit, Never mind the blouse, accessories, and shoes, which could easily add $3000 more per outfit.

This is not likely what happened, but I thnk people are a bit naive about how expensive luxury items can and do get.

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
                        Feminists are definately out to get her because she is a successful woman that actually looks like a woman. They will stop at nothing to discredit her, one of the things I really like about SP.

Oh please. The reason feminists dislike her is not that she's attractive; the reason feminists dislike is that she's a bubble-headed moron who unapologetically rose to national prominence on the strength of her T&A appeal.
                        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

There will be more revelations about her Governorship. Her blind ambition has opened her up to scrutiny which she did not foresee.

If she decides to run in 2012, she will be destroyed in the primaries.

Anyone believe the rumor that she will resign as Governor, the have the Lt. Gov appoint her to fill Steven's senate seat?
                          And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

You can easily spend upwards of $3000 on a designer dress or suit at a high end retailer. If you use a different one daily, that would be $21,000 a week, and that is just the suit, Never mind the blouse, accessories, and shoes, which could easily add $3000 more per outfit.

This is not likely what happened, but I thnk people are a bit naive about how expensive luxury items can and do get.
                            She's a redneck woman. She could get the same damned stuff at Walmart half the price. And there´s a thing called laundry service at hotels.
                            So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                            Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer

Oh please. The reason feminists dislike her is not that she's attractive; the reason feminists dislike is that she's a bubble-headed moron who unapologetically rose to national prominence on the strength of her T&A appeal.
                              Be fair. I understand there was also some amount of throat-cutting and backstabbing. And I suspect it has something to do with her opposing common feminist causes (abortion rights, contraceptives), and maybe a bit of wrath that she got into a national ticket when the more qualified Hilary got the boot on the other side. It's a complex sort of hate.
                              1011 1100
                              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Her attempt to give a concession speech on election night?

I saw and listened to McCain's concession speech all the way through so I must have missed Palin's attempt to take the podium.
                                A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Working...
                                X