Happy Gustavus Adolphus Day!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Gustavus Adolphus Day!

Gustav Adolfsdagen (Swedish for Gustavus Adolphus Day) is a general flag day, which is celebrated in Sweden on November 6 in memory of king Gustavus Adolphus of Sweden (Swedish: Gustav II Adolf), who was killed on this day in 1632 at the Battle of Lützen. Gustav Adolfsdagen coincides with the Finnish Swedish Heritage Day.

The date has been celebrated since the early 19th century. It is especially popular in Gothenburg, which was founded by Gustavus Adolphus, and in Uppsala, where the king donated a lot of money to the university.
    It's tradition to eat a pastry named after the great warrior king. I'm going out to buy some this afternoon

I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Why does he have a hair like that though? A mixture of punk rock and surfer? Maybe he was the last of the mohicans? Anyways, that would be a cool sight in the battle field, a King riding his horse, totally pimped out horse, rocking his new hair style.

That thing looks good though, I might just eat it!
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

War monger
      Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

That's coming from a german?
        I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

He prolonged a 'religious' Civil War a whole generation
          Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

Working...
          X