Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vote For Bush!

Sr... that is, he still has a term left

Besides, he's the only guy alive that can serve that has experience! Isn't that what McCain wants? Someone in the office with experience? Seeing as Daddy Bush is the only one with that I say we vote for him. What's the worst he could do?
    Monkey!!!

Bah... there's others with experience

On the morning of June 29, 2002, Cheney served as Acting President of the United States under the terms of the 25th Amendment to the Constitution, while President Bush was undergoing a colonoscopy. Cheney acted as President from 11:09 UTC that day until Bush resumed control at 13:24 UTC.

Comment

Was Dan Quayle Acting President of the United States for three and a half minutes last Friday afternoon? Authorities who believe he was, including officials of the Senate Rules Committee, cite Article II, Section 1 of the Constitution, which provides, regarding the President, that ''before he enter on the execution of his office, he shall take the following oath or affirmation.'' On the Capitol steps, Mr. Quayle had taken his oath as Vice President and automatically assumed that office when Vice President George Bush's term expired at noon on Jan. 20, pursuant to the 20th Amendment.

But the program fell a little behind schedule, and President-elect Bush did not complete his oath until a little after 12:03 P.M. The 20th Amendment specifies that ''if a President shall not have been chosen by the time fixed for the beginning of his term, or if the President-elect shall have failed to qualify, then the Vice President-elect shall act as President until a President shall have qualified.'' So, by this interpretation, if Mr. Bush did not become President until he took his oath, there was a brief interval when Mr. Quayle was in charge of the country.
      (I'm assuming he's still alive...)

Comment

Daddy Bush would pull us out of Iraq and fast.
        Unbelievable!

Comment

I can think of something else he should have pulled out fast on.... perhaps there is a lesson to be learned there
          Monkey!!!

Comment

Working...
          X