Damn, I walked into a clothes-line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn, I walked into a clothes-line

With my left eye! And now I've got a nasty bruise on my eyelid, it hurts every time i blink. (4382 times so far, I believe.)

I did some laundry yesterday and put some of it on lines to dry in the basement overnight. This morning, at 6 a.m., still pitch dark out, I went to get a sweater to wear for work.

Coming down the (lit) stairs I didn't think it necessary to turn on the lights in the basement as it was just a couple paces to where the sweater was.

Mistake!

I know my way around the place well enough, but I had failed to recall that the clothes-lines, 8 of them, are fairly tightly strung, and, what's worse, extended precisely at my eye-level with one of them conveniently in front of the door coming in to the drying room.

Right in the eye.

Of course, the natural reflex to close one's eyes in such circumstances set in, which is the best part of it all I suppose, no damage to my eye-sight or anything, but I could do without that bruising now trying to heal up and continuously failing due to that other natural reflex of blinking every goddamned five seconds.

Now I've put a homemade patch over it, napkin and bandaids, and we'll see how it is in the morning. I hope I get the use of both my eyes back, I can't even pour a cup of coffee properly seeing out of just one.

Moral: Global warming be damned. Always turn on the lights when retrieving pieces of garment in the early morning hours.

Or, I'm pressed to admit, just use the tumbler/drier like I was chastising Theben for doing a short while ago.

I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Winston, thank you for your sacrifice for the Earth.

Get well soon.
      Long time member @ Apolyton
      Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Pattycakes will come into this thread and be all mature-like and say that you're a ****ing idiot.
        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

****ing idiot.

"The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

I agree.

Comment

It's okay, Pattycakes. We all have flaws but I won't call you an idiot for having some of your own.
              A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Coulda been worse.

School Hallway Clothesline - Watch more free videos

From the looks of it, clothesline right to the eye.
                "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
                ^ The Poly equivalent of:
                "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Lets play darts.
                  Monkey!!!

Comment

Being such a good CO2 guy I assume that you did the washing in cold water and by hand
                    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

(1) Wear an eyepatch until it gets better.
                      (2) Say "arrrrrg" and "avast, matey" a lot.

Comment

I just suffered eye injuries worse than yours.

I rode up the escalator behind a fat woman in a short skirt.
                        Last edited by Zkribbler; November 4, 2008, 16:16.

Comment

Napkins and band aids?
                          I mean, I feel bad for you, but that's pretty inventive.
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

You know, it's like Civilization; a patch is never available when you really need it. So you have to improvise a little to get by.

It's better today. Patch is off (no way was I going in to work with that thing on). It's a little sore and swollen, but not much.

Nice bruise, but visible only when I raise the eyebrows, or close the eye.

Hidden wounds are the best.

I'm a little excited to see if any discolouring of the surrounding skin will occur within the next day or so.

Today I fell down some stairs and landed on my left knee. I'm having a great week, I'll probably be in traction in intensive care by Friday..

Comment

Eye patch and crutch. Long John Winston.
                              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
                              X