No announcement yet.

how do i get rid of aol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really. This is two threads in a row that I read and you were running your mouth about me. Not very convincing.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

hey i need help with aol removal not help with who to listen to while getting help with aol removal, what till i figure out what to do before chasing each other's tails
      "To watch your eniemies die in glorious color and sourround sound is surely one of the greatest advantages of technology." - Eoin Colfer
      "You get more flies with a dead body than with honey." - Joshua Wade

Comment

I'm telling you, I started with AOL, and you will have to seek it out. Believe me or not.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

okay fine where should i look
          "To watch your eniemies die in glorious color and sourround sound is surely one of the greatest advantages of technology." - Eoin Colfer
          "You get more flies with a dead body than with honey." - Joshua Wade

Comment

Back up/ burn your files and reformat would be easiest.
            Afer you do, Set a partition around your "C" drive operating system. Everything else in another partition. If you ever have to reformat again, just reformat the small "C" drive (it doesn't take a lot for the O.S.), and your music or whatever is safe.

If you don't believe me.

Comment

This is a scary development - texans seems to have developed from solving problems by firing shotguns to reformatting discs - what will be the next step in the evolution of the texan species ?
              With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

It pretty much depends on the problem at hand.

Comment

Well, you must admit that it's an evolvement of the texan species that it has considered that format C may be more efficient than firing a shotgun
                  With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

I'd say it's any evolvment of anyone using anything to deal with a pc. Using the proper tool is key.

Comment

Well, ehrm, , the rest of the world do actually know how to handle a PC - what is so stunning is that the texan species apparently also have been able to learn it. Most antropologists would have considered that an impossibility

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                        I'd say it's any evolvment of anyone using anything to deal with a pc. Using the proper tool is key.
                        "Format C:" isn't the proper tool. The proper tool for fixing computer problems is a ball-peen hammer.

"When in doubt, hit it with a hammer"
                        Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
                        I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Who in their right mind installs AOL?
                          Monkey!!!

Comment

I use CCleaner to manage what starts up at boot. (You can also use Start->Run... "msconfig", but that can be rather dangerous to use. Plus CCleaner is great for keeping your hard drive and registry cleaned up.)

Install.

Run it.

Tools->Startup

Right click on entries you don't want to run and "disable" or if you're sure you won't want it, delete the entry.

------------------

There might also be a AOL service that starts up automatically. Start->Run... "services.msc" and check for any entry that sounds like it is an AOL service. (If you aren't sure, export the list to a text file by Action->Export list... file.txt and post it here.) Then right click on the entry, Properties->"stop" and set "automatic" to "disabled" (or "manual", but sometimes that results in automatic behavior anyways).

-------------------------

If you're still having problems, download HijackThis. It's a very small program that will tell you everything that's running on your computer, and allow you to export the list for other people. Export the list and attach it here or at the HijackThis forum.

Comment

CCleaner is good.

Comment

Working...
                              X