how do i get rid of aol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do i get rid of aol

the aol people are less then unhelpful and i want aol gone, its annoying and i never use it. how do i get this thing off of my computer?
    "To watch your eniemies die in glorious color and sourround sound is surely one of the greatest advantages of technology." - Eoin Colfer
    "You get more flies with a dead body than with honey." - Joshua Wade

What operating system?

Comment

It's "than", not "then".

Comment

Windows 98?
        DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Originally posted by LotC
          It's "than", not "then".
          "helpful"
          DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Originally posted by LotC
            It's "than", not "then".
            if i wanted a gammer nazi i would have asked for one also thanks i can never remember that

i am running xp
            "To watch your eniemies die in glorious color and sourround sound is surely one of the greatest advantages of technology." - Eoin Colfer

Comment

Start->Control Panel->Add or Remove Programs... should be able to remove it there.

Comment

tried that and it is still up and smiling, and i'm pretty sure that little icon is managing to flip me off without the use of its fingers

Comment

somewhere in windows you can set up what programs you want to start at boot - I want to add my X-server there - please tell when you find out where your "virus" are started - that could help me
                  With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat
                    please tell when you find out where your "virus" are started - that could help me
                    wait, what

Comment

It's a tedious task. You'll have to get rid of it all slowly and singularly.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Guess that thw AOL prog is put into the "start at boot" map. I know it's there but I can't remember where - it's a couple of years ago I had to fight that atrocity.
                        With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                          It's a tedious task. You'll have to get rid of it all slowly and singularly.
                          Don't listen to Slow's advise - especially when he starts talking about shotguns (it might solve your current problem, but usually gives you several others )

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Don't listen to me. It's not like it affecting me. Listen to Black Cat. Knower of all.
                            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Well, i might exaggreate a bit when I warned against Sloww he's a good fellla most of the time, though, he is still a Texan

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Working...
                              X