Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texan fights Atlanta Fuzz, loses.

Over a $7 buffet

The old two-for-one buffet trick backfired.

Dan Linscomb, 40, of Texas City, Texas, ate the buffet at the Iron Skillet restaurant in northwest Atlanta on Oct. 21. He admitted, an Atlanta police report said, that his girlfriend “ate a couple bites from his plate.”

When he was charged for two $7 buffet meals, Linscomb refused to pay for one of them. He said that “there were no signs in the restaurant that said someone could not have some food off your plate,” the report said.

The restaurant staff called police, who came to the restaurant on Donald Lee Hollowell Parkway and arrested Linscomb on a charge of theft of services. He was taken to Fulton County Jail.

Linscomb got out of jail two days later after pleading guilty to a lesser charge of disorderly conduct, Fulton County sheriff’s Sgt. Nikita Hightower said.

Linscomb could not be reached for comment Wednesday afternoon. The Iron Skillet manager who was working when Linscomb was arrested, Jose Quintero, declined to comment.
    I'm not sure who to laugh at more, the restaurant, or Mr. Linscomb.
    B♭3

They actually called the cops.

The cops actually showed up.

THe dude actualyl was ready to go to jail for it.

I see 3 players, all like from a cartoon.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Iron Skillet is a good place to eat.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I've never been. Is it like the Golden Corral?
        B♭3

Comment

They're usually at truck stops. The ones that I've seen are anyway.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

The question to me would be, had the girlfriend ordered a meal too. If so, I think it would be silly for the resturant to press charges, but if she didn't order anything or just a drink, then the guys just a dumbass. Asuming this is a resturant that offers meals also and not just a buffet.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Part of what amazes me is that the guy spent two days in jail over this.
              B♭3

Comment

He didn't have to even pay for one meal, for 2 days.

Comment

That's just plain sexist. I say throw the girlfriend in jail!

Comment

She was the one who stole from his plate...
                    B♭3

Comment

Exactly. That IS sexist. Assuming the dude has to go, no way man, she was thieving lesbian, and make no mistake, she sounds like a lezzie to me, so she would have probably liked jail more anyway, getting that whole lesbian thing on.
                      In da butt.
                      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Wait, how does she sound like a lesbian?
                        B♭3

Comment

BAH! Facts. We don't need no stinkin' facts!

Comment

1) the cop was called hightower
                            2) The simpsons covered this when Homer went to he all you can eat fish restaraunt
                            Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
                            Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

Working...
                            X