• Show
Clear All

• Journalism in Canada, and the man with three testicles

Presented without comment.

Courtroom shocked at Frost trial

Oct 29, 2008 02:01 PM
    Rosie Dimanno
    Columnist

NAPANEE — A key witness against David Frost, who says she was coerced into three-way sex with the former junior hockey coach over a period of six years, cannot recall anything resembling a third testicle.

The reference to a third testicle — or something that looked like it — shocked the courtroom this morning, dropped into cross-examination by defence lawyer Marie Henein. There has been no evidence that Frost actually has such a condition.

"A two-inch-by-two-inch-by-two inch plum-sized sac of blood that appears like a third testicle,'' Henein helpfully described it to the 28-year-old Crown witness.

"That's not a tiny mole. A third testicle would be hard to miss.''

The witness responded: "I never saw a third testicle.''

Yesterday, the witness told court she had participated in two-on-ones with Frost and her then hockey player boyfriend. This morning, she also agreed that she'd performed oral sex on Frost over those years, until her relationship with the player ended in 2001.

In earlier statements given to police, the witness described Frost's penis in rather precise detail, even wadded up some tissues to portray its length. But she never mentioned to investigators, or during direct examination, anything about this alleged oddity.

Under redirect questioning by prosecutor Sandy Tse, the witness maintained that it was difficult to see Frost's organ during those sexual episodes. "I didn't look. It was dark. When you're down there...I just didn't notice it.''

But the other details, about length and dimension, the witness continued, were more apparent to her sense of touch. "The size of the penis and all that, I could feel with my hands.''

Hammering away at the witness, defence lawyer Henein suggested the woman — who was 16 when these three-on-ones allegedly began — had invented the stories involving Frost. The witness strongly disagreed. "I'm not making this up. Why would I make this up?''

Henein further posited that the woman had a strong will of her own and was sexually adventurous; that she was never intimidated into having threesomes but they never occurred with Frost.

"It did happen and it happened for six years. I was controlled,'' the witness said.

But the witness agreed that she had behaved in a sexually exhibitionistic way on other occasions, when Frost was either not present or not involved in the activities.

On one occasion, at a party, the witness admitted that she had taken off her top, then three times spread her legs to reveal her vagina while being filmed by a video camera, at one point holding a beer bottle between her thighs.

She also admitted to performing oral sex on a woman with other people present, but not Frost.

"It was consensual.''

And the witness acknowledged that she had threesomes involving two hockey players with Frost nowhere in the vicinity.

"I made wrong choices.''
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Nuts
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Hammering away at the witness, defence lawyer Henein suggested the woman

Somehow I don't think this women has a third leg to stand on.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Nothing else to do in Napanee.
        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Thread of the month.
          In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

You know, if I had something like that anywhere on my body, but especially near my balls, I'd have that sucker removed.
              You've just proven signature advertising works!

Comment

It's got hockey, it's got puck bunnies, it's got heterosexual sex, it's got gay sex, it's got NHL players, and it's got lawyers. This is the ultimate Canadian story.
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
                  Nuts

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                    It's got hockey, it's got puck bunnies, it's got heterosexual sex, it's got gay sex, it's got NHL players, and it's got lawyers. This is the ultimate Canadian story.
                    It lacks beavers (the rodent variety.)

Comment

Frost controlled couple's sex, trial told

Intimidation and fear of ex-coach 'almost like a spell,' woman testifies
                      Oct 29, 2008 04:30 AM
                      Rosie DiManno
                      Columnist

NAPANEE, Ont.–For six years, nearly every time a love-besotted girl had sex with her hockey player boyfriend, his coach and mentor came along for the ride.

David Frost was, as the now 28-year-old fitness club manager told court yesterday, very much in the driver's seat: Deciding when sex would occur, who would participate and the order in which intercourse should take place.

He liked to go first.

And Jennifer was acquiescent, therefore the sex deemed consensual. That means this woman, a teenager when these strange ménages à trois – occasionally à quatre – allegedly began, is not a victim in any legal sense.

Her name isn't protected, unlike that of her hockey player boyfriend. Her sexual conduct, to be explored further today – in videotapes that reportedly show Jennifer flashing her vagina at a party and tooling about town topless – is fair game, as ruled by Justice Geoffrey Griffin. However, the tapes will not be shown in open court.

Not, perish the thought, for how any of this behaviour might reflect on the witness' morality. The Supreme Court long ago determined that sexual history is irrelevant in cases of sexual assault. But there was no assault here, as both defence and prosecution have agreed, and despite some highly disturbing evidence heard yesterday, testimony suggesting Jennifer was far from a willing party to events and coerced into demeaning herself.

"If you're saying, because I find her sexually active, that she's not a reliable witness, that's just not true," Griffin told Crown Attorney Sandy Tse, who tried to have the videotapes ruled inadmissible.

Tse argued against promoting a "rape myth"; that, "because she consented to (threesomes) on one occasion, she's more likely to consent on another occasion," specifically with Frost.

Griffin: "You're the only one in this room adopting that myth. I'm not going to engage in some sort of inappropriate assessment of her evidence based on her sexual activity."

But, as defence lawyer Marie Henein stressed, the Crown has made Frost's control over young hockey players an issue.

"Miss Henein is saying that's just not true, it's an inaccurate portrayal," said Griffin. "She's saying that (Jennifer) had a free and active mind and she was exercising it."

Griffin concluded presenting evidence to "debunk" the Crown's case – that Jennifer was nobody's meek pawn – is a relevant area to pursue.

Frost, a notorious decertified former junior coach and hockey agent – one client, ex-St. Louis Blue Mike Danton, is serving a seven-year sentence for trying to have him knocked off by a hit man – is facing four sexual exploitation charges dating back to the late 1990s. The charges relate to two players, among five that Frost brought to the now-defunct Quinte Hawks, whose trust and submission was allegedly perverted so that they shared their girlfriends in threesomes with the coach.

Even in bed, Jennifer told court, Frost ridiculed and disparaged the players.

Danton, née Jefferson, was mocked for having a small penis. Frost flicked his finger at another boy's organ, said Jennifer, and teased: "Come on, show us your chubby." And on one occasion, Jennifer testified, Frost compelled a player to have sex with her on the floor of a trailer. But why? the youth objected. "Because I want you to and I told you to,'' Frost responded.

Recalled Jennifer: "(Name deleted) got on top of me and he said, 'I'm sorry,' and then we just had sex."

The threesomes with Frost began shortly after Jennifer began dating one of the Quinte players and continued throughout their entire relationship, the source of much unhappiness for her.

She agreed to the two-on-ones because her boyfriend asked it of her and so that Frost would allow her to keep dating the player.

It was Frost who dictated everything, said Jennifer, held the whip, cast the sex scenes. "He was just intimidating. There is a look that he would give and everyone would jump. It was almost like a spell."

Further: "Everybody was afraid of him. If anybody did object, they got a slap upside the head."

Only for a short period, when she moved to Massachusetts with the young man – he was in the minors then – did the couple enjoy any privacy and a normal sex life. Yet even then, Jennifer said Frost would phone to make sure the couple was not having sex without his permission.

Over one summer, when the couple shared a small cottage on Frost's lakefront rental property near Kingston – the coach, his wife and other players were staying in the main house – Frost still monitored their sex life. "He pretty much was the boss, controlling what (name deleted) was doing, not letting us sleep in the same bed."

It has been theorized that Frost used the girls' bodies to indirectly touch the boys during threesomes. But Jennifer said Frost did in fact touch her boyfriend. She recalled the first time the three of them had sex.

"Dave got on top of me. He asked (deleted) to help him insert his penis. I could feel (the boy's) hands on (Frost's) penis, kind of playing with it.

"I could feel he was taking Dave's penis and he was rubbing it against me. And then I could feel him put it inside me."

Jennifer said Frost later withdrew his penis and masturbated to orgasm.

The boyfriend was nervous throughout. "He was not himself. It was almost like he didn't know what he was to do next, like he was waiting for direction."

When it was the boyfriend's turn, the player had difficulty getting an erection. "Dave was telling him he was a wimp. Dave grabbed him and said, 'Why can't you get hard?' It was like he was making fun. He grabbed his penis and began tugging on it, saying, 'Come on, you can make it hard.' "

It was supposed to be just that one time, said Jennifer of the threesome.

"But it was an ongoing thing, six years of it."

Comment

I wish I could un-read that
                        Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

Six years? Everyone involved needs to be slapped upside their head. I understand how someone can feel trapped in an unhealthy relationship when they are married, especially when they have children. But this isn't the case here. It's just people (this woman, and the hockey players themselves) who were either unwilling to stand up for their dignity, or were willing participants.

Comment

Originally posted by Garth Vader
                            I wish I could un-read that
                            I'm sure Mike Danton loves that the entire country knows he has a small penis now.

Comment

Originally posted by Seedle
                              It lacks beavers (the rodent variety.)
                              Also no mooses or mounties.
                              I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                              I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Working...
                              X