Man's arm trapped in train toilet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man's arm trapped in train toilet

A passenger on a French train had to be rescued by firemen after having his arm sucked down the on-board toilet.

The 26-year-old victim was trapped when he tried to fish out his mobile phone, which had fallen into the toilet bowl, and fell foul of the suction system.

The high-speed TGV train had to stop for two hours while firemen cut through the train's pipework.

The man was carried away by emergency services, with the toilet still attached to his arm.

"He came out on a stretcher, with his hand still jammed in the toilet bowl, which they had to saw clean off," said Benoit Gigou, a witness to the man's plight.

The incident happened on Sunday evening, aboard a train travelling in western France between La Rochelle and Paris.

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Those silly Frenchmen.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
      Those silly Frenchmen.

Texans still lead by a fair margin on the "those silly foreigners" scale.
      Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
      The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
      The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Moral of the story: Don't put your cell phone in the toilet.

Comment

2nd moral : don't crap on French trains if you have droopy balls.

Comment

I heard/read somewhere that cell phones are now one of the top items dropped in toilets. Sorry, no links.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Heraclitus

Texans still lead by a fair margin on the "those silly foreigners" scale.
              My work here is nearly complete. The rest of the U.S. is now referring to Texas as another country.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Texas: Too dumb to know it lost.
                “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Lost what?

Comment

My work here is nearly complete. The rest of the U.S. is now referring to Texas as another country.
                    Noooooooooooooooooooo. The Midwest may be the heart of America, but Texas are its testicles.

Comment

Lost what?
                      I you, Sloww.
                      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Since when was Hera reclassified as an american?
                        I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                        I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

"Pierre, I was trying to call you all day! Were you out drinking with those friends of yours? You promised you would stop. Or what? Another woman? Who is she? And why do you have that stupid toilet on your arm? My mother warned me about you!"
                          Long time member @ Apolyton
                          Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Working...
                          X