How a Down Economy Helps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How a Down Economy Helps

The family and I will be flying to Fresno, CA for the Christmas holidays. We generally buy our tickets 4 months in advance. However, I got lazy and haven't yet bought my tickets. Because of this I am looking at a nice savings when I compare to the prices even a month ago!

How are you benefiting from this whole mess?
    Monkey!!!

Profiting off of the misery of other.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

I now have more net worth than some Wall Street firms.

(But I don't get bailed out )

Comment

Now that my IRA

is just an I, it makes it a lot easier to keep track of it.
        “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

When I was looking at houses they were much cheaper, and the terms for my loan were far more favorable than before. One of the best things this market will do long term is make housing more affordable for young professionals who were previously priced out of the market. Actually, that is true for everyone.
          "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

If those young professionals have been good and worked at their credit scores, otherwise they'll be able to afford but not be able to get the loan.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Thats who I am talking about, and thats how it should be. Before, the housing was simple too expensive for me to responsibly buy. Oh I could have, but just because I qualify for 400K doesn't mean I have to or should spend 400K.

Of course now I won't be here long enough to justify buying a house, but when I move to wherever I go I will be sitting pretty market wise (unless I end up in Hawaii).
              "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Yes, many many years ago when I purchased my house, I only needed to finance about 130K but the bank was telling me that they'd give me 500k. There was no way I could have afforded the mortgage payments on a loan that big but they were still willing to give it to me.
                Glad I stuck with the original plan, because it will be paid off in a few years.
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

They were looking at the furture expected proceeds from Apolyton.
                  Long time member @ Apolyton
                  Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Probably not, or I would have only qualified for about 20 bucks.
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

My 401K plan is so hard hit it is down to a 201K.
                      No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                      "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Suprisingly I haven't felt anything from the recession so far, though I'm sure I'm going to at some point ver the next 6 months...
                        You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Gas is $2.13 a gallon here and still dropping.

ACK!
                          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Black Friday: Deep discounts coming

Should be a good christmas for those with jobs. I have to buy my son a birthday present by the 3rd. Mabye I can get a good deal.
                            I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                            - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

i lost my job and have found another, much better paid, one.
                              "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Working...
                              X