Vikings in space !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vikings in space !

Well, the project may sound crazy, but this guy has actually built a submarine, so why not this ?

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

He's getting volatiles leaking from the connection between the main engine and the oxidizer tank. That's really bad. See the video from :53 to 1:02 or so.
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Well, this guy is quite practical, and don't mind good advice, so don't waste your opininon here - do it at their site
      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

I'm sure he knows that. I am in no sense an aerospatial engineer. And I appreciated the video, BC. I give this guy (and everybody else trying to drop the cost of spaceflight) my full moral support.

I just think that he's got a ways to go before he mounts that engine on a vehicle.
        12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
        Stadtluft Macht Frei
        Killing it is the new killing it
        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Pfftt! There are already two Vikings on Mars.

On Mars!

Comment

But neither of them discovered any evidence of candy bars.

Comment

Bending metal and firing their engine

There are several of these garage start-up suborbital space endeavors in the US too. Armadillo Aerospace, Unreasonable Rocket, etc.
              I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

I'm sure Pinky and the Brain have a project going too.

Comment

Working...
                X