No announcement yet.

Driving with an expired license

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As soon as I saw the comment I started praying that nobody had gotten there first.

What city were you going to use?
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Same city, and I've merely driven through it; you've lived it!

Seriously, even south-central LA looks like Beverly Hills compared to the abandoned blight that is west ballmer. Some parts of Detroit might be inching close though.
      Unbelievable!

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
        Iraq? That's West Baltimore.

Comment

Originally posted by Donegeal
          It should be ok, as long as you explain the situation to the officer respectfully (like you were talking to a new commanding officer). You will probably have to actually go to the DMV and get a new one.

OTOH, just don't get pulled over.

If they can see on their computers that you have renewed your license, I can't see them writing you a ticket because you've been in Iraq and haven't yet been able to retrieve it.

But sometimes, our law enforcement friends don't listen to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Riesstiu IV
            Are there any decent areas in Iraq or are there just these ubiquitous crumbling buildings everywhere?
            I am at a former sugar factory. It was running very well up until Desert Storm. The city, the second largest in the province, went to **** because of that war, not this current one. I have spent a lot of your tax dollars fixing that place up so far. Not the building you see though, that would be much more complicated.
            "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
            "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
            "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
            "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Generally, if you have a valid license, and you treat the nie police officer with respect, it's not a problem. Technically, you are required to have your license on you at all times when driving (or your ticket if they took your license as bond for a previous ticket). It's never been a problem for me.

Thebes, though, got pulled over in Chicago just as he had realized he had left his wallet back at my apartment. For some reason, he is in the habit of taking his wallet out of his pants when he's not driving. We were headed to a bar (for his 21st birthday) when he realized he didn't have it. Just as he was preparing to turn around, we got the lights. Can't remember if the damn fool talked his way out of trouble or not. Don't actually remember what he was pulled over for, seeing as it was like 17 years ago.
              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

I go on leave from Iraq in about a month. The issue is that I renewed my license but it was sent to my old address (I do not have a real address anymore) and I have no way of actually getting it. I still have my old one, but it is of course expired. The number, if checked, should show that it was renewed. So my question is does anyone know if this is ok.

I will be driving in Virginia though, where people love to give $5000 tickets, so I am pessimistic.
                Tell that to the cop, you should be okay. Something like 1 in 10 Virginians is a vet. If he gives you a ticket, demand a jury trial so you can let him hang there in the witness box explaining himself to the jury. They dont get too excited about expired DLs, they do get mad when you drive on a revoked or suspended DL.

ph yeah, I think in most states its like a fix it ticket. But if you sent in the application for renewal and never got the license, they still have a record of you renewing. The cops should be able bring that up on his computer.

Comment

Originally posted by Donegeal
                  You're a bird watcher?
                  Peeping Tom?

Comment

FO?
                    Long time member @ Apolyton
                    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
                      FO?
                      Close
                      "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Artillery range finder person, or whatever that's called?
                        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Foward Observer

JM
                          Jon Miller-
                          I AM.CANADIAN
                          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

No, I am the guy in charge of those guys.

Comment

Working...
                            X