Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dump all your French wines down the drain!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dump all your French wines down the drain!

I'm sure that 1% is the "real" France though.

Poll: 1 Percent of French Prefer McCain

A new poll underscores Barack Obama's overwhelming support in western Europe.

It's hardly a secret that Barack Obama is Europe's favorite U.S. presidential candidate.

But a new poll shows that in France, just 1 percent of people think John McCain should win the White House. By contrast, 78 percent back Obama, while 5 percent don't want either to win.

According to Reuters, the poll found the five largest Europeans countries were unanimously behind Obama in the U.S. race.

In Germany, McCain's support isn't much stronger. Five percent of those polled supported the Republican nominee, compared with 72 percent for Obama.

The poll was conducted by Harris Interactive. It comes on the heels of another survey by Reader's Digest that found Obama was the preferred candidate in 16 of 17 countries. The only country to prefer McCain: the United States.

Other U.S. polls, however, show McCain trailing Obama.

Foreign Policy magazine also has published what it calls an "Electoral Map of the World" with Gallup's global numbers showing Obama heavily favored in western Europe, Africa and other parts of the world.
    2024 U.S. election hub. Stay up-to-date for the November 5, 2024 presidential election. Election day polls, primaries, news, candidates and live updates & coverage daily.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Oh, and I would take issue with Fox's claim that McCain is preferred in the US. All decent polls show Obama at least 6%-7% ahead in the US.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

The interactive world opinion poll map is pretty cool.

Gallup just released some fresh analysis from its polling in Georgia that shows that, as of April/May 2007, the overwhelming majority of Georgians were seeing…
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Fox was talking about the "real America." Ya know, that part where Americans love America.

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit
          The interactive world opinion poll map is pretty cool.

http://www.foreignpolicy.com/gallup/
          I like how four of the top ten countries for McCain still prefer Obama.
          "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
          "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
          "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

If I had French support, I'd blow my brains out.
            WTG, McCain.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
              Just what George Washington said.

-Arrian
              grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Me and my wife will stop doing anything French at all
                So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

WTG, McCain.
                  Your country exists because of French support...
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                  Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

In spite of.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

spiteful
                      The undeserving maintain power by promoting hysteria.

Comment

In spite of.
                        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Actually, Fox is correct that the particular survey it referred to DID find more mccain supporters than Obama ...

<Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

What can we do to get France to support Slowwy?
                            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                              Oh, and I would take issue with Fox's claim that McCain is preferred in the US. All decent polls show Obama at least 6%-7% ahead in the US.
                              Bud, read your own post. It clearly states that they are referring to a particular poll conducted by reader's digest.

Comment

Working...
                              X