Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WTF Is The Civilian National Security Force?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTF Is The Civilian National Security Force?

This is the first I've heard of it which is a surprise since all his good tidings are constantly beamed into our households.
    Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Silly. Never gonna happen*. I wouldn't necessarily be against the idea, if one could find enough cuts to fund it. But that (the cuts) won't happen. A ~3% increase on the highest tax bracket won't fund something like this. Ergo, this is pie in the sky stuff.

-Arrian

* We're never gonna spend as much on helping one another as we spend on having the ability to bomb Iran and face down Happy Putin.
    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Brownshirts?
      Unbelievable!

Comment

Nah. More like tie-dye shirts.

-Arrian

Now it's Nineteen Eighty Four
        Knock knock on your front door
        It's the Suede-Denim secret police!
        They have come for your uncool niece!
        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
          * We're never gonna spend as much on helping one another as we spend on having the ability to bomb Iran and face down Happy Putin.

good. The way nature intended it
          Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
            Silly. Never gonna happen. I wouldn't necessarily be against the idea, if one could find enough cuts to fund it. But that (the cuts) won't happen. A ~3% increase on the highest tax bracket won't fund something like this. Ergo, this is pie in the sky stuff.
            -Arrian
            The Republicans have established that being able to pay for it has nothing to do with getting whatever the President wants as long as he can convince Congress. Bush ran up $5 trillion in 8 years, so Obama will have to work hard to keep up.

However, for those of us at work that cannot see the video, what is the Civilian National Security Force? The name sounds either silly or sinister, but I'm open to your explanation. Thanks.
            No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
            "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

*sigh*

The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Rightwingers are falling all over themselves to sh*t their pants over this, but I've found all of ONE link (the wikipedia entry) that even remotely comes close to giving the context of the comment. Good God, it was tame. stfu.
                The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Re: WTF Is The Civilian National Security Force?

Originally posted by Sprayber

This is the first I've heard of it which is a surprise since all his good tidings are constantly beamed into our households.
                  The United States Police Force from those escape from New York/LA movies.

Comment

Working...
                  X