Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well it was a nice country while it lasted.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well it was a nice country while it lasted.....

Overseas markets tanked yesterday and the DOW is down 400 points after only a short time trading. I do not even have any stocks at the moment and I still feel numb. Today is going to be a tragic day for our nation.

I'd like to take this moment to throw my hands up in the air to scream at the corrupt plutocrats and kleptocrats who got us into this mess and also, to yell at the morons who kept voting for them.

RAAJKGGRUOIMVOI*EM*W*G@#JFJ#K%@&%@JC@KJCUKF*EASDNSWA*HMJ:OQ(RJC!KPJRK!*JJ#T!#!!!!! !!!!!!

Does anyone have any tips on succesfull hobo strategies? Where to get the best cans? How to stay out of the rain?
    Last edited by Vesayen; October 24, 2008, 10:47.

Discarded pizza boxes are an excellent source of cheese.
    Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

How about you take your meds and wait a while before you post?
      I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Re: Well it was a nice country while it lasted.....

Originally posted by Vesayen
        Does anyone have any tips on succesfull hobo strategies? Where to get the best cans? How to stay out of the rain?
        How much money do you have in the stock market?
        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

The DOW is now down 430 points in an hour since the markets opened.

Originally posted by Boris Godunov

How much money do you have in the stock market?
          None at the moment. However a crashing tide lowers all boats and crashes the small ones on the rocks. Corporations close, people lose their jobs, prices go up due to scarcity, etc.

All you American college students out there? Good luck getting loans in 6 months for the following year.

Comment

Re: Well it was a nice country while it lasted.....

Overseas markets tanked yesterday and the DOW is down 400 points after only a short time trading. I do not even have any stocks at the moment and I still feel numb. Today is going to be a tragic day for our nation.
            I somehow doubt that. The stock market isn't really the problem. The real problem is that the banks are more or less insolvent, and they are all tied together with these insane swaps and other things (the ones Warren Buffett called financial napalm, or whatever).

I read a brilliant post about this yesterday. It's like a bunch of guys crossing a frozen lake. They are roped together to pool risk and each one of them is carrying an anvil. The first guy (call him Lehmann) goes through the ice. All the others stand rock still because they are afraid they will be next and movement ceases. All of them could get out of it, by simply throwing away their anvils, but they are all sitting around hoping the anvils will magically turn into gold.

Well, I thought it was a good story anyway.

What will be interesting to see is whether our Lords and Masters can maintain the illusion of control, now that the Emperor's willy is showing. Somehow I think the desperation of the people for some sort of authority figure means that they will manage it.

I'd like to take this moment to throw my hands up in the air to scream at the corrupt plutocrats and kleptocrats who got us into this mess and also, to yell at the morons who kept voting for them.
            Was there a party with a reasonable chance of forming a government that was not for this?

Relax. If you end up as a hobo, it is likely that a large proportion of the population will be in the same situation as you, so it will be easy to find other people to co-operate with.
            Only feebs vote.

Comment

You know Ves, when the Great Depression hit New Zealand in the 30s, a lot of guys simply just packed off into the Bush and lived off the land for a few years. It's always an option, athough I daresay that your Grizzly bears and snakes would be a bit more challenging than the few birds we've got.
              Only feebs vote.

Comment

Doesn't Ves know that the stock market has sucked for quite a while?
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

None at the moment.
                  Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

I bought 100 shares at .67 per this morning. This is the time to buy stock. It either tanks and you lose little, or it reverses the trend and you make bucks. I can handle gambling a whopping 67 dollars.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

you're just rich
                      Monkey!!!

Comment

No he's not.
                        What?

Comment

not yet!
                          Monkey!!!

Comment

I'm far from rich. I'm far from a gambler. It's worth a risk of this amount. Who knows? This may be the start of something good. All this may allow people not rich, to at least make an upward move. If it doesn't, 67 dollars is a risk I'll take. A company I worked for, Sanmina. As far as I know, all their capital equipment is still paid for in cash. They can stay low and weather hard times.
                            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Negative earnings, small cap, ready for a reverse split, and is a contract manufacturer for the most part?

They can stay low but they won't make anything. Bad buy buddy. IMO
                              Monkey!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X