• Show
Clear All

• Quarantine

Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

The movie?

Sucked.

It's a bad shot-by-shot remake of Rec.

And this shaky-cam **** has got to ****ing stop, or I'll be hurling my motion-sickness vomit at every screen from now on.

****ing documentarians should all buy ****ing steadycams.
    B♭3

Comment

Imagine if I had motion sickness from it, wouldn't like it either.

Comment

Yeah, it was pretty bad.

That said, I didn't get it this bad from Cloverfield, which was disappointing for other reasons.
        B♭3

Comment

The shaky thing has it's place. But, you can phase it out as the movie goes. We get it, it's a hand held, phase it out so it don't shake so much as it goes on, and only use it in SPOTS, like Saving Private Ryan did.

As for Quarantine, I didn't even WANT to see it. Looked stupid just from the previews. Which means I'll wait for it to hit scifi channel or something.

Rec was pretty good, but this looked like hollywood ruined yet another one.

I'm not holding out high hopes for the upcoming Wolfman re-make, either.
          One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
          You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

I had taken Dolores and her cousin Lucina to the mall and gave them f o u r hours to shop. This movie was the best thing that ever happened to me.

Comment

I assume you've seen Band of Brothers? The 'shaky thing' worked very well in that setting.
              I'm consitently stupid- Japher
              I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
                I had taken Dolores and her cousin Lucina to the mall and gave them f o u r hours to shop. This movie was the best thing that ever happened to me.
                What did you do with the other 2 hours?

One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Originally posted by Theben
                  I assume you've seen Band of Brothers? The 'shaky thing' worked very well in that setting.
                  Again, it's not CONSTANT. It's used artfully in places.
                  You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Originally posted by Theben
                    Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
                    Again, it's not CONSTANT. It's used artfully in places.
                    What he said.
                    B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx

What did you do with the other 2 hours?

There's a bookstore and a cutlery store niether of which am I willing to pay their prices. Also looked for swimming masks and fins. This is a good time to buy end of summer stuff. That's what Dolores was looking for too, close out summer stuff. JC Pennys has summer stuff that was $48 for a dress or whatever for $2.98, final clearance.

So I looked but didn't find. She found 3 large bags of stuff. I don't know how they carried it all. Usually I look at strength vs expense as a sort of limit set by gender fizzics, but my confidence is shaken. It appears when it comes to $2.98 dresses, my wife becomes superwoman.

Still want some extra masks and fins though, getting bugged that I can't find anything anywhere.

Comment

Still want some extra masks and fins though, getting bugged that I can't find anything anywhere.
                        Ya know....I read that different than anyone else here, I'm sure... I know JUST what you mean, too.
                        You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

I don't get it. Explain?

Comment

I don't get it. Explain?
                            You can never have enough masks. Or fins.
                            You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Never enough.

Comment

Working...
                              X