Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it against the rules to disscus religious rituals on poly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it against the rules to disscus religious rituals on poly?

Things like animal sacrifice?

Seriously though, can someone tell me when the Jews for example ended the practice of animal sacirifice? Was it after the destruction of the temple? Or did it happen later?

Also how widespread was the practice in ancient times (it seems like everyone did it) and where can we still see such things in the modern world (excepts new cults and pseudosatanic rituals).
    Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
    The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
    The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Depending on the amount of detail will determine if it will be allowed. The basic concept is not specifically forbidden.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Trolls with tasteless baby sacrificing jokes in

Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

Methodists have never practiced sacrificial offerings of any kind.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Impaler[WrG]
          Trolls with tasteless baby sacrificing jokes in

If you warn people that ruins the fun.

Comment

He must have seen you online.
            I'm consitently stupid- Japher
            I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Re: Is it against the rules to disscus religious rituals on poly?

Originally posted by Heraclitus
              Things like animal sacrifice?

Seriously though, can someone tell me when the Jews for example ended the practice of animal sacirifice? Was it after the destruction of the temple? Or did it happen later?

Also how widespread was the practice in ancient times (it seems like everyone did it) and where can we still see such things in the modern world (excepts new cults and pseudosatanic rituals).
              As far as I understand it ended after the destruction of the temple.

Judaism took a turn from a public ritual based religion, to a personal based religion. the idea was introduced that you don't need a physical temple to connect to god - you can pray directly to him.

you still need a large enough public (usually 10 people) for some popular prayers.

Also, you can find animal sacrifice with the Samaritans. Which are sort of a quasi-jewish sect.

Comment

This thread is religulous.
                A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

The transformation of Judaism happened, as Siro says, following the fall of the third temple.
                  Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                  I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                  Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

chucking live victims into volcanoes is the only way out of the credit crunch and it's about time politicians woke up to this fact
                    Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
                    Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai
                      The transformation of Judaism happened, as Siro says, following the fall of the third temple.
                      2nd temple

Comment

You must've rush built it then.
                        The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Originally posted by Sirotnikov

2nd temple
                          Second temple. Don't know what took me.
                          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

It was Satan

Comment

Probably not.

Comment

Working...
                              X