No announcement yet.

India is Heading for the Moon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of the 11 instruments carried by the satellite, five are Indian, three are from the European Space Agency, two from the U.S. and one from Bulgaria
    "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos
      Isn't the lunar surface already mapped?
      Hey, maybe they're re-naming all the features on the surface.
      "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by aneeshm
        The surface may be mapped, but this time, the payloads are looking for Helium-3 and deposits of frozen water, along with other valuables which may make further exploration and exploitation profitable. The cameras this time have a much higher resolution, too, which is why the mission is scientifically valuable.
        Don't forget to send us back some piccies of the remains of the Apollo missions, to put to bed those nasty little stories about faked landings.

Comment

What, you think India is actually capable of getting to the moon? The story here isn't that the Indian space program is coming into its own, but rather that Bollywood is coming into its own.
          "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

:tinfoilhat:

Comment

Comment

NASA is planning to use the data from this mission to decide the tentative location of a lunar base, based on proximity to water.
                So now we're outsourcing the space program to you folks too?
                1011 1100
                Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

NASA and the Indian space program are planning to build a call center on the moon so that future astronauts who travel to Mars or work on the ISS can call for tech support.

"You say your life support is of line and you are rapidly losing oxygen? Sir, have you tried holding the reset button for 30 seconds?"

Comment

Sanskrit has a word for "moon craft"?
                    Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
                      Civilization along the Indus in ancient times was much more advanced than we usually give them credit for. It's also been proven that they also invented the lawn chair, the TV game show and the assurance that the check is in the mail.

Comment

Originally posted by Riesstiu IV
                        NASA and the Indian space program are planning to build a call center on the moon so that future astronauts who travel to Mars or work on the ISS can call for tech support.

"You say your life support is of line and you are rapidly losing oxygen? Sir, have you tried holding the reset button for 30 seconds?"

"Sir, are you sure your life support system is plugged in?
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
                          Well, "Chandra" means moon and "yaan" means transportation craft of an undefined type, so Chandrayaan means mooncraft. The same way you get spacecraft by combining 'space' and 'craft'.

Comment

Well, "Chandra" means moon ....
                            When I was home from college one summer, the kids in my town started a teenage hangout called IIRC the "Shandra" or "Chandra," which I was told meant "Peace." Is this a correct translation?

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler

When I was home from college one summer, the kids in my town started a teenage hangout called IIRC the "Shandra" or "Chandra," which I was told meant "Peace." Is this a correct translation?
                              Chandra definitely means moon. Shanti means peace. Are you completely sure of what you recollect?

Comment

Dose Chandra have any connection with the Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar, the discover of Nobel physicist who discovered the Chandrasekhar limit? Is his name literally translated moon-something?

EDIT: Looks like the answer was at the bottom of my own link, it means "holder of the moon" and is a common name.
                                Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

Working...
                                X