• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waffles! Tasty waffles!

With lots of syrup!

Fla. woman chooses to go jail over $7.45 bill

2 hrs 57 mins ago

FORT PIERCE, Fla. – A woman decided to go to jail rather than pay her bill at a Fort Pierce Waffle House restaurant. The total she went to jail over: $7.45. According to a police report, Maryanne O'Neill, 66, ordered coffee and a sandwich at a Waffle House restaurant on Saturday but refused to pay the bill.

The report said an officer asked her to pay or go to jail and she refused.

A jail official said she was released Monday from the St. Lucie County Jail. She was charged with obtaining food or lodging with intent to defraud, a second degree misdemeanor.

If convicted of a second degree misdemeanor she could face up to 60 days in jail and a fine of $500.
    The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

I thought this was going to be about Heroes.
    "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

It's the principality of the matter.
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

I wondered if it was Kuci's birthday...
        1011 1100
        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

ditto.
          You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

I know Waffle House is good, but it's not so good I'd go to jail for it.
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

...$7.45? What a dumbass.
              B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs Snuggles
                ...$7.45? What a dumbass.
                QFT
                Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
                I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Wait. She didn't even go to jail over waffles, it was a sandwich. Lame.
                  Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

The only things that could make this woman not look like such a ****wit is if:
                    a) she's senile,
                    b) she's homeless and/or broke,
                    -or-
                    c) the food reacted with her to the extent that her gastrointenstinal tract decided to have a public demonstration of its contents

Otherwise... over ****ing $7.45? Seriously?
                    B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
                      Wait. She didn't even go to jail over waffles, it was a sandwich. Lame.
                      Coffee and a sandwich.
                      The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Defrauding? I would have said the crime is debt defaulting.
                        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

I need to stop clicking on links Dauphin posts...
                          You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

I thought this was about politicians and them straddling fences and stands and wavering on various issues
                              Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Working...
                              X