McCain supporters do the right thing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McCain supporters do the right thing

Bravo to those McCaininites for standing up to the religious and racial bigotry of one of their own.

Of course, this happened at a McCain/Palin rally in Northern Virginia, which the McCain/Palin campaign has said isn't the "real Virginia".

"I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
    ^ The Poly equivalent of:
    "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

"The McCain camp doesn't endorse your campaign, sir"

That's awesome
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Good for the McCainiacs. Special cudoos for the campaign chair who says he's a Muslim.

This election should be about issues, not about stirring up ethic and religious hatred.

Comment

They must have dug deep to find a Muslim who supported McCain given the outright xenophobia of the McCain campaign. Especially via their talking heads.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I(a Jew!) saw McCain give that response to that racist old woman…. ugh. I wanted to go to the nearest mosque and hug a muslim in solidarity. I could not believe he said it :/ Incredibly racist and offensive.

She says Obama is an Arab and McCain's response is that Obama is a good man and a familly man.... you racist piece of ****. The response you should have given is that he is not an arab but it does not matter, that this is the United States of America where race and religion do not matter. I would have respected you for that. Instead you show your true inner core, you racist piece of crap.

I am ashamed that you are a member of my nation, let alone a famed politician with supporters.

Last edited by Vesayen; October 20, 2008, 19:27.

Comment

Great video.
            Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Saw this video earlier, it was quite refreshing. Young people shaming their bigoted elders is always fun to watch .
              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                They must have dug deep to find a Muslim who supported McCain given the outright xenophobia of the McCain campaign. Especially via their talking heads.
                They said they were Turkish; it's easy to imagine Turks supporting the party of nationalism and militarism. I'm not even dissing them; I love the Turks. But I'm just saying...

Anyway, fantastic video.
                "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Let's not be so quick to generalize.
                  “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                  "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

I'm sure they got a good laugh when the lady holding up the bumper sticker towards the end said that she didn't want to talk to the press because they distort things. I sure did.
                    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

speaking of supporters

In a world that‘s rushing toward the end times prophecy, God will bless the true Christian leader, if we choose wisely. The Prince of Darkness’ blood runs through the veins of the evil doers.

We have been given the blessing of free will to choose our own path for good or evil. This Presidential election is unlike any we have ever had before. Choose wisely!

Pray for this country and that God gives you the will and wisdom to vote for a leader who has the experience, knowledge and intestinal fortitude to lift these United States up and set it back on the true course of Godliness that it has slipped away from in our homes, schools, churches and, most of all, our government!

guess who they support
                      Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                      Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                      giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Yeah, a good video. Goes to show you that there's plenty of reasonable people in all camps. I think it's a good thing to whip your own, rather than let them fly as "rotten apples" or you know, they're idiots but they're our idiots and that everybody has them so we don't care. The best thing to do, IMO, is to whip them yourself, which is exactly what these people did and they did it well. I wish we'd see more this kidn of action inside all groups though. So good for those people

THis is way more constructive than poinjting out idiots in other camps. You can't do anything to change that. What you can do is try to make sure that your own base is better. Let that stand out for you, let it speak for itself. When you clear your own side from maniacs, then you can really point your finger and say, listen, you've got some crazy maniacs right there, and they can't respond. Otherwise people just point other camps saying look, weirdo right there. And they all do that, and that's just silly. Just clear your own base basically, if everyone would just try to focus on that, it would be very constructive. So thsoe people were doing the right thing

I honeslty think that it is better for a campagn even to show that kind of action being done. Not pointing your finger to give an image of "other side has maniacs". But this is way more powerful IMO. It is very good for the campagn. It's not about saying listen, we have crazy people in our ranks, but rather listen, we take care of it. What about you? We are here for the issues, what about you?
                        In da butt.
                        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Re: McCain supporters do the right thing

Originally posted by The Emperor Fabulous
                          Of course, this happened at a McCain/Palin rally in Northern Virginia, which the McCain/Palin campaign has said isn't the "real Virginia".
                          They don't think you're a real american unless you are a hick from one of these red states, even then you have to be from the "Southern" part.

McCain is still some what close in the popular vote dispite having no chance to win in electoral votes. That's because he's getting a large majority in the red red states where all these prejudice rednecks live.
                          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Re: McCain supporters do the right thing

Originally posted by The Emperor Fabulous
                            Looks like she got some real botox though...

Comment

Working...
                            X