Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would politicians have done this 20 years ago?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would politicians have done this 20 years ago?

Surely not. But I thought this was hilarious.

Or this.

Spec.
    Last edited by Spec; October 19, 2008, 23:20.
    -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Get real, Spec.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Cool! A blank black screen when I hit the play button that shows absolutely nothing.
      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Politicians have been appearing on entertainment vehicles forever. Richard Nixon appeared on Laugh-In all the way back in the late '60 (delivering the catch-phrase "Sock it to me, baby.")

Some who have hosted Saturday Night Live: John McCain (2002), Al Gore (2002), Jesse Jackson ('84), Ralh Nader ('77), George McGovern ('84), Steve Forbes ('96), plus NYC mayors Koch ('83 and '84) and Giuliani ('97). Others have done cameos.

McCain was the first sitting Senator to host; Al Gore held the highest elected office of any host (not in office when he appeared). I believe Palin is the first governor to host.
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
          Get real, Spec.
          Sloww + panties = wad
          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Arnold was on SNL too (before he was gov, not sure if since)

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun
              Cool! A blank black screen when I hit the play button that shows absolutely nothing.
              I got show when I hit the buttons. I think the gods must be punishing you for something.

Comment

Palin didn't actually host, though, she was just a special appearance.
                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Working...
                X