No announcement yet.

The Serious US Election Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good, republicans can't read. Look at DD.
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Why do you hate Deity Dude?

Comment

Originally posted by Swissy
        Don't rely on first-time voters. Its easy to register, but actually voting requires more time and effort than many people are able to deal with. Many states do not allow by mail absentee voting for first-time voters, which hurts student participation.

Also, both parties train their election judges to challenge first-time voters, mostly to produce identification. If the person had already spent a half-hour getting to the front of the line, many will not return when they have to go and get an ID. And yes, the letter you get from the local election board tells you to bring ID, but how many of those letters actually get read?
        Either way, this election is going to have historic levels of turnout. Most in decades among certain groups.

The only fear is that voters may think Obama has it in the bag and stay home.
        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Working...
        X