2012 Republican Nomination

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 Republican Nomination

Since this election is officially over at the Presidential level, it's time to move on.
    Fmr. Speaker Newt Gingrich (GA)
    0%
    House Minority Leader John Boehner (OH)
    0%
    Sen. John Kyl (AZ)
    0%
    Sen. John Thune (SD)
    0%
    Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison (TX)
    0%
    Gov. Sarah Palin (AK)
    0%
    Gov. Bobby Jindal (LA)
    0%
    Gov. Tim Pawlenty (MN)
    0%
    Gov. Haley Barbour (MS)
    0%
    Gov. Mark Sanford (SC)
    0%
    Gov. Charlie Crist (FL)
    0%
    Gov. Lisa Lingle (HI)
    0%
    Gov. Mitch Daniels (IN)
    0%
    Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger (CA)
    0%
    Fmr. Gov. Mike Huckabee (AR)
    0%
    Fmr. Gov. Mitt Romney (MA)
    0%
    Fmr. Gov. Jeb Bush (FL)
    0%
    Gen. David Petraeus (Afghanistan)
    0%
    Pres. Barack Obama (USA)
    0%
    Lord Protector Zombie Reagan (Brains...)
    0%
    "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
    -Bokonon

You are making a big assumption, that our country will last till 2012.

Comment

Doesn't the Aztec calendar run through the end of 2012? There's some confort to be gathered there.

(BTW: Arnold can't run. He wasn't born in America.)

Comment

Not until end of December sometime. Just after the election.
        Long time member @ Apolyton
        Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

I know. Doesn't mean there won't be a Constitutional Amendment...

As for an apocalypse, that's why they might go for the Lord Protector...
          "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
          -Bokonon

Comment

...just after the election and just before they take office.
            Long time member @ Apolyton
            Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Petraeus and Thune would make for good candidates.
              "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

The Governator, assuming he can run. I think he is the least fiscally conservative.
                I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

BTW: I predict Mike Huckabee will be the 2012 candidate. The sitting governors are sitting on crashing economies and, even though it's not their fault, they'll be blamed, just like Gray Davis was.

Boeher is more guilty than any governor for our mess, so he's out.

I hate Newt.

Huckabee's a staunch conservative and a loveable guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramo
                    I know. Doesn't mean there won't be a Constitutional Amendment...
                    The odds against it are so remote that it's not really worth considering. The only ones interested in pushing it will be the Republicans, and they don't stand a chance of regaining even a majority of the Senate until at least 2014.
                    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Petraeus would be a good candidate - is he actually a Republican?

Comment

For now, I say the odds favor Romney. Republicans have a habit of nominating their also-rans from previous primaries (McCain, Dole, Bush Sr., Reagan).
                        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Frankly, I doubt the Democrats are the least bit worried about Arnie in the near future. His approval ratings are in the tank, and he'd have trouble winning re-election if he weren't term-limited. But I agree that he's very unlikely. So's closeted Crist, for example. I was running out of plausible ideas...

I think Petraeus would be the strongest candidate, but I'm not sure he wants it. I expect the race to be primarily between Palin, Jindal, and Huckabee...
                          -Bokonon

Comment

Technically, Petraeus is not Afghanistan, but CENTCOM... which means Tampa Bay, which explains why the Bucs are doing so well this year (competent leadership )
                            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

This poll is invalid
                              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                              X