Economic Crisis - a Hoax?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Economic Crisis - a Hoax?

Think about it. Is it possible for the government to stir up enough bull**** in order to create fear in order to gain control.

If none of us ever knew there was a crisis, would anything have changed drastically?
    be free

If it's not in Russian mainstream media it's a western hoax
    Blah

Comment

The underlying issues are real... about a decade in the making... and only partly due to government... it would have required a tremendous amount of foresight, planning, and operatives in the public sector.

And given that I wouldn't trust our government to be able to properly tie a pair of shoes... it's kinda a stretch.

Comment

Everyone seems to want the oil cos to drill pretty much everywhere which is a big $ change, but then on the other side GM is tripping all over itself to put out electric cars which they couldn't kill fast enough in the past. Hard to figure.

Economics is strange. Consider that the earth is still spinning itself around the sun as it was a year ago when all was fine but the folks on it are all in a dither this trip around the sun because of the numbers they create and which seem to control them. If I'm a space alien looking for intelligent life in the universe, I move on.
        Long time member @ Apolyton
        Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

I understand the underlying issues is out in the open. But what I am asking is; is it only a problem if you make it a problem?
          be free

Comment

Yes. But then so is every problem (as Blake would say). In that light, there is no crisis, and even if the crisis were a government hoax, there's no problem with that either. Just think happy thoughts while the world crashes down

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson
              The underlying issues are real... about a decade in the making... and only partly due to government... it would have required a tremendous amount of foresight, planning, and operatives in the public sector.

And given that I wouldn't trust our government to be able to properly tie a pair of shoes... it's kinda a stretch.

it would be easier to execute 9-11 hoax than this one... the only contribution that the governmnets had was that they supported the asset price bubble and "deregulation" but for perfectly understandable reasons of "economic growth" and wanting to be elected again, as slowing the economy down in good times with unpopular (no matter how good long term) measures is very "undemocratic"... or to say unpopular, so the masses get what they want, and who can resist a bubble?
              Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
              GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Economy is a very young science,if science at all.
                It's the only branch that allows to play with words and numbers: a
                great deception tool.
                Just one example for each:
                If you don't do bad loans,you will be out of business (translation: if
                you don't do bad loans, you will not do bad loans).
                A goes from 100 to 110 and B from 1000 to 1050; so A grew more
                because he increased 10% versus B 5%.
                Best regards,

Comment

Fed - please read your PMs.
                  I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

Originally posted by FrostyBoy
                    I understand the underlying issues is out in the open. But what I am asking is; is it only a problem if you make it a problem?
                    If you have a retirement account or two and you are really OLD, you can see the problem. However, it does seem the Bushies and the FED helped precipitate the panic by talking about "the worst crisis since the Great Depression."
                    No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                    "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

The crisis is quite real and it was somewhat obvious that it was coming even a few years back. The only question is how bad will it be.
                      "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
                      -Joan Robinson

Comment

Debt, in a way, can be paid via inflation

The government just have to flood the economy with money...
                        bleh

Comment

But, seriously, I wonder what will be the effect on inflation of the huge money that government are injecting in the economy.
                          bleh

Comment

Re: Economic Crisis - a Hoax?

Originally posted by FrostyBoy
                            Think about it. Is it possible for the government to stir up enough bull**** in order to create fear in order to gain control.

If none of us ever knew there was a crisis, would anything have changed drastically?
                            If they had that kind of power, they already had control.
                            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by CrONoS
                              Debt, in a way, can be paid via inflation

The government just have to flood the economy with money...
                              Vice just printing the money, Governments go thru the exercise of raising the money by selling bonds, or more recently by buying "undervalued" assets. If you just print the money no one will want your bonds, and pretty quickly, no one will take your money. This is happening to Zimbabwe right now. Otherwise, hyperinflation follows as your money is devalued over and over, completly wiping out the value of bonds, deposits, and fixed incomes. The so-called "credit crisis" we have now would descend into the 21st Century Depression rapidly, if most nations were forced to stop taking/keeping dollars almost overnight.
                              No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                              "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Working...
                              X