The Great Schlep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great Schlep

A couple weeks ago, Sarah Silverman and the Jewish Council for Education and Research came out with this video encouraging young Jews to go to Florida to convince their grandparents to vote Obama:

Turns out, it may actually be working:

When Bender recently returned to his grandparents' retirement community in Tamarac, Florida, near Fort Lauderdale, he was greeted with several surprises. Months of telephone conversations and his trip had paid off: His grandparents told him shortly after he arrived that they were going to support Obama.

The next surprise was that his schlep had generated interest around their retirement community. A lot of interest. So many other seniors wanted to hear about Obama that the venue for a meeting on the subject had to be changed from the Furst's living room to a ballroom in the community's clubhouse.

An hour before Bender started to make his case about Obama on Sunday, groups of senior citizens were staking out space in the ballroom. Soon there were more than 100 people and no more chairs.

Sporting an Obama T-shirt with Hebrew writing on it, retiree Morty Brill said, "The economy, the war, you think you can trust Republicans to fix them?
    However, Bender felt the need to drive the point further. If Obama was elected, he said, then Bender would not worry so much about politics and "would have more time to find a nice Jewish girl to marry."

Whether Mike Bender's schlep really changed any minds is anyone's guess, but the applause from the crowd was deafening.
    Whole article
    here.

The Great Schlep Challenge
    "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
    ^ The Poly equivalent of:
    "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

However, Bender felt the need to drive the point further. If Obama was elected, he said, then Bender would not worry so much about politics and "would have more time to find a nice Jewish girl to marry."
    Must've been that line.
    B♭3

Comment

Are robots allowed to marry nice Jewish girls?

Comment

Well, Bender's part of Robotology, I think, but there are robot Jews...
        B♭3

Comment

They believe robot Jesus was a very well programmed robot, but not their messiah.
          John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Working...
          X