X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another day, another PETA kook...

Woman changes name to a URL to protest dissections

Mon Oct 13, 10:36 PM ET

ASHEVILLE, N.C. - You can call her CutoutDissection.com, Cutout for short, but just don't call her Jennifer.

The former Jennifer Thornburg — whose driver's license now reads Dissection.com, Cutout — wanted to do something to protest animal dissections in schools.

The 19-year-old's new name is also the Web address for an anti-dissection page of the site for People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, where she is interning.

"I normally do have to repeat my name several times when I am introducing myself to someone new," she told The Asheville Citizen-Times. "Once they find out what my name is, they want to know more about what the Web site is about."

The Asheville High School graduate who's working in Virginia said she began opposing dissections in middle school after a class assignment to cut up a chicken wing made her uncomfortable. She helped create a policy at her high school that allows students who object to dissections to complete an alternative assignment.

Despite her legally changing the name, she said most of her family members still call her Jennifer.

"It will take me a while," said her dad, Duane Thornburg, who lives in Daytona Beach, Fla. "She's still Jennifer to me. I understand why she's done it. Believe it or not, I totally respect it."

A CD showing the treatment of animals before they are dissected finally convinced him to support his daughter's cause, he said.
    Changing your name to [insert retarded, illegitimate non-name here] really should be illegal.
    The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

some people have there priorities confused

Comment

If the Human gene pool is lucky, maybe she'll decide not to breed for fear of injuring any bacteria down there.

Christ, can you imagine someone living a few centuries from now trying to trace back their lineage and finding this sh*t?
      The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

That gene pool needs a filter.

Comment

England was very smart with regards to Australia.

They couldn't settle Australia fast enough with rich people, so they put all their problematic people there to settle it.

We should do the same when we have the technology to settle planets. We just plop millions of stupid people there, make them do all the work, all the while, smart people are preparing for a take-over once all the work is done.

I see PETA has already registered for the move.
          be free

Comment

More people need to change their names to websites. But this girl is obviously insane. She should have gone with .org, not .com.

Comment

Her name-change has worked, she's exposing others to her viewpoint. So I'd rank it as a successful ploy. As for animal dissection in school, I think it's a total waste of time so I agree with her to some extent.
              We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
              If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
              Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Yeah, now I am even more interested in animal dissection courses!
                be free

Comment

She was already screwed:

I am reminded of John Belushi, when they are showing pledge slides and Flounder's comes up.

AHH!!

ACK!
                  Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

John Belushi was the man though it was no surprise he drank/snorted himself to death.
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Gawd I live where she does....
                      "Our words are backed with NUCLEAR WEAPONS!"​​

Comment

Tuber you are legally required to change back your avatar.
                        I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                        I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

God damn...I'm a huge liberal, but I ****ING HATE PETA!
                          "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
                          ^ The Poly equivalent of:
                          "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Working...
                          X