Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do I do about a freakish metabolism?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do I do about a freakish metabolism?

Today for brunch I had a fairly typical meal for me, and I decided to look at the nutrition facts, as helpfully given to me by the dining halls at my college.

Three servings of scrambled eggs (600 calories)
    Three hash brown patties (750 calories)
    Bowl of raisin bran cereal with reduced fat milk (200 calories)
    Banana (170 calories)
    Two pancakes (350 calories)
    Two large cups of orange juice (200 calories)

That's 2270 calories in a single meal, and this was probably only a slightly above-average-sized meal for me.

I have lost five pounds since I came back to college only a month and a half ago. (I'm down to 157.5 lbs on a 5'10" frame.) What is wrong with me?
    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Worms.

Comment

I think there are many people that would kill to have your metabolism.

This type of metabolism also runs in our family, and frankly, it beats the alternative... Enjoy it!
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

How can you eat all that food in a single sitting?

Comment

You're young, and possibly exercising.

When che and I were that age we could eat that much and more and not gain 1 pound. And I was 140 lbs, che was a little more.
          I'm consitently stupid- Japher
          I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

I do usually exercise regularly, but I was bad about it last week. I probably go to the gym an average of 3 times a week. I do about 30 minutes of cardio, and a pretty complete weightlifting workout, usually with about 3 sets of 15 for each exercise. It's not like I'm a varsity swimmer or something.
            "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

My metabolism changed when I was 22 and again when I was 25. I expect it will change more later.

I consume about ~2300 calories per day, exercise 1-3 hours per week, and stay at about 163 lbs at 5'10.5". I use to consume 4000+ calories per day and exercise 30-60 minutes a week and stay at 180 lbs.

JM
              Jon Miller-
              I AM.CANADIAN
              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Well done, Jon!
                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

It was when my metabolism shifted and I increased to 220 lbs that I realized I needed to change.

JM
                  Jon Miller-
                  I AM.CANADIAN
                  GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

You aren;t drinking enough Jag, that's your problem.
                    You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Ahh, youth. Listen to the people, Jag. Enjoy the gain-free eating while you can, it almost assuredly won't last forever. And the metabolism isn't the only thing that goes as you age, enjoy your youth.
                      You've just proven signature advertising works!

Comment

Try the weight gain powder at the local nutrition store. I always wondered why it was there, now I know.
                        Long time member @ Apolyton
                        Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

What's your chief complaint? Is it that you spend too much money on food? Or that you don't look as good naked?
                          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

If your metabolism is too high, why not cut back on the cardio and increase the bulking exercise?
                            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

See, I have heard that suggested before. However, I disagree with it. Better to keep the minimal cardio (he only does 3x30m), and just increase caloric intake.

JM
                              Jon Miller-
                              I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Working...
                              X