Nobel Peace Prize Winner Is On The Board of Directors Where I Work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nobel Peace Prize Winner Is On The Board of Directors Where I Work

There was email waiting for me this morning announcing it.

Former Finnish president wins Nobel Peace Prize

08:29 AM CDT on Friday, October 10, 2008

Associated Press

OSLO, Norway — Finland's ex-president Martti Ahtisaari received the Nobel Peace Prize on Friday for his efforts to build a lasting peace from Africa and Asia to Europe and the Middle East.

"The Norwegian Nobel Committee has decided to award the Nobel Peace Prize for 2008 to Martti Ahtisaari for his important efforts, on several continents and over more than three decades, to resolve international conflicts. These efforts have contributed to a more peaceful world and to 'fraternity between nations' in Alfred Nobel's spirit," the committee said in announcing the prize.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Wow, Sloww. You are so accomplished.

“As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

That's not saying Imran works where this guy does, dickweed.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

You did realize that my point was: who cares? Why not post your pathetic association in the thread on the topic?
        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

I don't know the guy, I just thought it was pretty cool.
          How many Nobel winners have you been associated in anyway with? Besides that, I don't really give a **** what you think.

Comment

What's he doing in Texas? Is Texas one of those "troubled spots" they were referencing with, "who has worked to end conflicts in troubled spots around the world"?

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
              I don't know the guy, I just thought it was pretty cool.
              How many Nobel winners have you been associated in anyway with? Besides that, I don't really give a **** what you think.
              Based on your level of association and higher, probably 10 or more. It's not something I keep track of.
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
              X