Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fallout 3 release canceled due to actual apocalypse, guess the market!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fallout 3 release canceled due to actual apocalypse, guess the market!

Not all that surprisingly while most Americans slept, foreign stock markets started to freefall after our own freefall.

So let's guess how far the market will dive today, bonus points for guessing most accurately, earliest in the day.

I am going for the DOW down 680.

The market seems to be rallying but I'll guess that it is only temporary before another freefall.

Feel free to guess based on whatever reasonable financial measurement you want to, or on the days and weeks to come.

Does this mean the Chinese will attack Alaska in order to secure the oil reserves?

And if so, can Palin see China from her home?
    "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Yes on one, maybe on two.

Comment

Won't be as good as the first two anyways, oh and FTSE down 180 (2moro that is), damn you guys screwing up my shares
        Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

Despite Fallout being a computer game, I would not be surprised if wars were fought over diminishing petroleum resources sometime this century.

Comment

Thankfully, I only have invested in the stock market to cause me to jump off the roof of a one story house.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Well for all those people who are suddenly penniless because of this, take comfort. When the time comes to jump off your house, you'll already be living in a cardboard box. So the descent shouldn't hurt too much.
              "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

It's not the descent you should worry about; it's the landing.
                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I understand this is the second day in a row the Russia stockmarket fell so far that trading was suspended. WTF is this all about?? I'd have thought it'd be pretty well insolated from our mess.

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit
                    It's not the descent you should worry about; it's the landing.
                    ...which still won't hurt much from the top of a cardboard box.

Unless it's a really big one, I guess. Like as tall as a storey in a house.
                    "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler
                      I understand this is the second day in a row the Russia stockmarket fell so far that trading was suspended. WTF is this all about?? I'd have thought it'd be pretty well insolated from our mess.
                      Not really. First, it's much smaller, so it's more volatile, second, a lot of companies have business ties with American and European companies. Third, there's a looming crysis of liquidity.
                      Graffiti in a public toilet
                      Do not require skill or wit
                      Among the **** we all are poets
                      Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Sloww wouldn't jump off his roof, cuz his daughter would beat him with furniture.
                        Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                        Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                        One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

So why give 10 bahillion to freakin Iceland?
                          Long time member @ Apolyton
                          Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Avalon
                            Sloww wouldn't jump off his roof, cuz his daughter would beat him with furniture.
                            Long time member @ Apolyton
                            Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
                              So why give 10 bahillion to freakin Iceland?
                              Cause we still have enough money to do that? And it's not like we just gave it to them. Consider this an investment.
                              Graffiti in a public toilet
                              Do not require skill or wit
                              Among the **** we all are poets
                              Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Working...
                              X