Want To Help Put an Ad on the Air?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want To Help Put an Ad on the Air?

Some of our members made a great ad in favor of lowering the voting age. We plan to run this ad on CNN, Comedy Central, MSNBC, MTV and VH1 here in Washington, DC the week of October 20-25. I think it is a fantastic ad and can't wait for it to get on the air. Check it out:

We are over halfway to our fundraising goal to get the money to put this on the air and I usually don't bother you guys with stuff like this, but if anyone can help it'd made a big difference:

Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

I would rather help take ads off the air. Not too shabby of an ad, though. Good luck.
    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by Theben
      I would rather help take ads off the air. Not too shabby of an ad, though. Good luck.
      QFT, on both accounts...
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

It violates my principles to contribute to or associate with both political movements and advertising. Also, I'm poor. Also, I don't watch videos at work.
        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Are ad rates that cheap? I would have thought a 30 second ad would cost more than $2400 to show.
          If you don't like reality, change it! me
          "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
          "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
          "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Cable ads are dirt cheap, depending on when you show them of course. Broadcast are much more expensive. It always amazed me how different those rates are ... I guess broadcast has a much larger marketshare because not only are they the 'main networks' even on cable, but of the large number of non-cable subscribers, they have a choice of like 5-10 channels, instead of 400, so you get a much higher share of those folks...

For example:

That's the ad rate card for one particular locale - not sure where. Obviously it's more expensive in larger areas, but you can see the basic idea: showing one commercial once on a few networks is not that expensive.
            Last edited by snoopy369; October 3, 2008, 13:05.
            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
              Are ad rates that cheap? I would have thought a 30 second ad would cost more than $2400 to show.
              Actually with this much money we are going to be putting over 50 ads on those channels. It really is dirt cheap. I was amazed when we first got the price quotes. Non-peak on Comedy central is like $21 and during peak is like $30 (ish).

CNN is the priciest we looked at and it is like $120 peak and $80 non-peak. Still pretty cheap.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

This will contribute to the dumbing down of the american political system.
                I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Sadly we're not allowed to put that genie back in the bottle by taking away your ability to vote.

Comment

Maybe not, but I predict that if the voting age were lowered that we would see even more candidates like Palin.

Comment

I love how liberals say we shouldn't lower the voting age cause it'll lead to more crazy conservatives in office and conservatives say we shouldn't lower the voting age cause it'll lead to more crazy liberals in office. Balance.

But I didn't want this to be a debate thread. Sometimes I just can't resist feeding the troll.

Comment

ok. Good luck.

Comment

I'd rather raise the voting age to 21.
                          Graffiti in a public toilet
                          Do not require skill or wit
                          Among the **** we all are poets
                          Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

If you want fewer stupid voters, add a MAXIMUM voting age.
                            Last edited by Kuciwalker; October 3, 2008, 13:56.

Comment

One thing the ad fails to say is that these kids can vote because of their age.

You gotta state what the problem is and what the solution is.

Comment

Working...
                              X