Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After much fanfare, the Canadian Do Not Call list launches...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After much fanfare, the Canadian Do Not Call list launches...

With the easy to remember website https://www.lnnte-dncl.gc.ca/

****ing government.

In true government fashion, only an hour after it's launched it's already offline.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

giving names to spammers

Comment

what is a do not call list
      "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
      "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

It's a registry where, if you sign up, it becomes a crime for (most) telemarketers to call you and try to sell you ****.

Once you sign up, your name gets added to a database that telemarketers much have within 31 days, and if you're in that database they cannot call you or risk fines.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

It's a list that marketing companies are required to check when they make RDD or otherwise unsolicited marketing calls, and not call anyone on the list. If you want to not be telemarketed to, you give them your phone number.

Or, in the US, you get on it so you can make a lot of money suing telemarketers who call you anyway (not really a lawsuit, it's a fairly straightforward claims process)...
          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Canada is always copying us.

Comment

Working...
            X