Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World's Most Disgusting Apartment Is In Houston(Pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World's Most Disgusting Apartment Is In Houston(Pics)

World's Most Disgusting Apartment Is In Houston(Pics)

When your apartment gets to this point, I wonder if you even bother ****ting in the toilet, or anywhere near the bathroom, for that matter. The moment you feel a dump coming on, do you just drop your pants, squat down and start squeezing no matter where you are in the apartment?

You may think that was sort of funny, but messy-dom is actually recognised as a sort of "mental disorder".

Comment

Which my mom has big time and myself to a lesser degree. It isn't to ****-wherever bad, but useless junk is piled floor-to-ceiling, wall-to-wall in many rooms of the house. I keep my packratism to a minimum out of necessity: No space left for it.
      The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

There is alas no lesser degree. You're looking for a pseudo-medical excuse for being too lazy to tidy up your place, Just like some slackers just strive for the "depressed" label so they don't have to get up their asses.

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthy
          There is alas no lesser degree. You're looking for a pseudo-medical excuse for being too lazy to tidy up your place, Just like some slackers just strive for the "depressed" label so they don't have to get up their asses.
          You'd like to think you know what you're talking about, but you don't and I forgive you for that. I've had it since I was little because I've been around it all my life. My mom did it to her apartment back in Chicago, she did it to the house we moved into (it even migrated to a storage unit she rented), it migrated to our first house in Reno, it has existed in this house for the past 20+ years, she has again extended it to a storage unit she's renting down the street. When her mother died, she and her sister went down to Florida to deal with the estate: Both the condo and rest home unit grandma lived in were floor-to-ceiling, wall-to-wall. Even the space above the ceiling tiles in the kitchen, they discovered one morning, had sh*t stashed away. Both my aunt and uncle have had to deal with their own childhood demons from the home their mother kept after their father died in the 60's but they've had professional help. My mom has never had therapy and neither have I. She's transferred a lot of her baggage onto me. It's part of the reason having a house holds little appeal to me: If I turn out a lot like her, then at least in an apartment I can keep the packratism confined to a small space.

Edit: "did" corrected to "died"
          Last edited by DRoseDARs; September 29, 2008, 07:32.

Comment

Look I didn't mean to belittle you (even if I did). In fact I find it highly fascinating how it has grown in all of your family. What was life like for your mom and her siblings in their family home? How strong is it in you?

Comment

Grandma was olde school: A woman's place is subservient to a man, children are to be seen not heard and all the rest of the happy horsesh*t that goes with such thinking. When her husband died in a military jet crash (non-combat, I believe), that left her with 2 teenage children and a middleschooler (my mom) to raise on her own. When their father was still alive, he was able to keep her olde school nuttiness in check but when he passed all bets were off. Both my aunt and uncle have told me they were grateful they were nearly out of the house anyway, but both felt deeply sorry my mom was still too young; she was 11 or 12 when their father passed. She caught the brunt of grandma's insanity, on top of the usual sibling rivalry. They've long been worried about how she was raising me during my childhood in the 80's and 90's, but mercifully I'm not as f*cked up as I rightfully should be. Frankly, my mom isn't as bad as her mother, but a little therapy wouldn't hurt.

Comment

I've developed the opposit edue to my grandparents (and now my mom's) packratism. My grandparents, now deceased, lived thru the Great Depression and WWII and never thru things away or sold much, and bought many things they didn't need. My mom is reluctant to part with a lot of the stuff and the house she inherited is full of nice things and junk. There's just no room left. My grandfather actually went so far as to rent a storage locker and when we looked into it all it had were boxes and boxes of old magazines(!)

I prefer to have a spartan environment. The lack of clutter helps me clear my mind and focus.
                I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by DRoseDARs
                  Which my mom has big time and myself to a lesser degree. It isn't to ****-wherever bad, but useless junk is piled floor-to-ceiling, wall-to-wall in many rooms of the house. I keep my packratism to a minimum out of necessity: No space left for it.

I would like to think there is a difference between useless junk and garbage. Having a room filled with toilet paper rolls, empty pizza boxes, or cigarette butts and ash is a pretty large step from boxes of old magazines.

Comment

I know a guy similar to this. He once lost his vacuum cleaner in the living room.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Comment

If you live like that please never accept an invitation to visit with us in the Philippines. :barf:
                        Long time member @ Apolyton
                        Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

And people complain I am messy
                          "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                          I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                          Middle East!

Comment

Working...
                          X