Are we as strong as some bugs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are we as strong as some bugs?

I mean, some bugs are hard headed bastards.

This ant bit me on my thumb today and I pulled on it gently but the sucker kept hanging on like there was no tomorow. So I pulled harder and the head seperated from the body...What a stupid creature...Anyhow.

Can humans do that? Lets say I am hanging on for dear life on a telephone poll while a car pulls slowly on my ankles with a rope. Would I be strong enough to hang on until my body rips in half?

Spec.
    -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

no, but I suspect you already know this and this thread is some bizarre bait that I have now taken...
    The undeserving maintain power by promoting hysteria.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyMartini
        no, but I suspect you already know this and this thread is some bizarre bait that I have now taken...
        Nope, its not.

What about that guy that holds 2 planes together with his own arms? COuld he be able to hold on until he rips apart?

Spec.
        -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Have you seen Apocalypto?

In the movie, they used ants do to stitches(point de souture). Much bigger ants than what we have in Quebec, they make him bite each side of the wound and want their "jaw" close. They press on the body and separate the body from the head, and the jaw remain close. And so the wound.

With some ant species heads of soldiers possess well developed jaws!!

Soldier ant held so that "jaws" are open - placed in contact with opposing edges of a wound - jaws snap shut - thorax and abdomen pinched off leaving just the head.

Human use of ant "stitches" widespread geographically:

India - Mid-east - South America

Independently evolved human behavior.
          bleh

Comment

I don't know of that guy. I'm still betting no. Although I have seen a video of a man ripping his own arms off trying to clean and jerk some obscene amount of weight in the "all steroids olympics" "He'll feel that in the morning".

Comment

Originally posted by CrONoS
              Have you seen Apocalypto?

In the movie, they used ants do to stitches(point de souture). Much bigger ants than what we have in Quebec, they make him bite each side of the wound and want their "jaw" close. They press on the body and separate the body from the head, and the jaw remain close. And so the wound.

Yeah...ants can do it...like he said...not people.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyMartini

Yeah...ants can do it...like he said...not people.
                Wanna bet?! Bring a car, rope and a video camera and I'll do it!
                I bet AHNOLD can.

Spec.

Comment

This thread screams for the Monty Python animated sketch with the ant, but I can't find it on YouTube.
                  I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                  I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Working...
                  X