Debate the Debate's Debate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Asher

Heh. I don't think you have any idea what I'm talking about.

There are companies with 170 employees generating $650M in profit and billions more in revenue...
    Name a few.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• I was specifically thinking of companies like ILFC.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

The implication was they're not fed well.
        he was making an argument on how north korea is a brutal oppressive regime. i thought oppression was about liberty, freedom of speech and human rights
        Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
        Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
        giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkG
          he was making an argument on how north korea is a brutal oppressive regime. i thought oppression was about liberty, freedom of speech and human rights
          If you also control the economy and the supply of food (note: don't know if they do), then that counts also.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

I was specifically thinking of companies like ILFC.
            Wow! That is impressive. But of course they are going to need a lot of employees where they lease the aircraft.

Comment

• Markos, I've announced our ticket in the election poll. We'll bring down those who abuse their power.
              Long time member @ Apolyton
              Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious

Wow! That is impressive. But of course they are going to need a lot of employees where they lease the aircraft.
                No, they don't. They don't provide that. They give you the aircraft, period. If maintenance needs to be done, it's contracted out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lancer
                  Markos, I've announced our ticket in the election poll. We'll bring down those who abuse their power.
                  i hope you put it as MarkG/Lancer
                  i'll go check

Comment

No, they don't. They don't provide that. They give you the aircraft, period. If maintenance needs to be done, it's contracted out.
                    It's not even that. Airlines don't own the planes they fly. That company does. The airlines lease the planes from that company and basically pretend they own them. There's some tax loophole reason for this, but I forget what it is.
                    "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
                    -Joan Robinson

Comment

• Not exactly

Comment

It sounds like they need to be close to their customers is what I'm saying. Customer satisfaction is very important.

Comment

Not exactly
                          hmmm anyway, i accept your nomination

Comment

• Excellent! Ok, now. Can you rig this thing? I mean you used to be somebody right? You still have residual powers. Shh...quiet... Somebody might be reading this.

Comment

I mean you used to be somebody right?
                              i still have friends in high places and access to secret meetings

Comment

• Ha! Can they count? You know...badly? Wink wink, nudge nudge...

Comment

Working...
                                X