Debate the Debate's Debate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Asher

Population doesn't matter, but it is humourous.
    Since companies need employees it certainly does.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

this thread needs a poll
      Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
      Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
      giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious

Since companies need employees it certainly does.
        They don't need to employ a lot there, just incorporate there.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

They don't need to employ a lot there, just incorporate there.
          It's not that easy to avoid taxes that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious

It's not that easy to avoid taxes that way.
            Just ask Bono or all of the companies set up in the Cayman Islands.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

what mccain was trying to avoid

Comment

ok someone please explain me. mccain said that north koreans are 3 inches shorter than south koreans because north korea is an oppressive, brutal regime
                is that what oppression does to people??

Comment

What part? The pronunciation?

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                    ok someone please explain me. mccain said that north koreans are 3 inches shorter than south koreans because north korea is an oppressive, brutal regime
                    is that what oppression does to people??
                    The implication was they're not fed well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher

Just ask Bono or all of the companies set up in the Cayman Islands.
                      Basically you are only taxed for the goods and services that are produced in the tax haven in the tax haven. If you produce goods in the US you are taxed on them here. There's some creative accounting going on though. That's why places like Cayman Islands exist.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious

Basically you are only taxed for the goods and services that are produced in the tax haven in the tax haven. If you produce goods in the US you are taxed on them here. There's some creative accounting going on though. That's why places like Cayman Islands exist.
                        I don't think a lot of manufacturing is going to Ireland. He's referring to other kinds of companies that can more easily do that...

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher

I don't think a lot of manufacturing is going to Ireland. He's referring to other kinds of companies that can more easily do that...
                          WTF?! Everyone needs employees. If you have empolyees in the US you will pay US tax.

Comment

WTF?! Everyone needs employees. If you have empolyees in the US you will pay US tax.
                            You need employees, but depending what you're doing you can make a lot of money with just a few.

The kind of jobs that'd go to Ireland are the kind with high margins and low employee counts. You should also look into the immigration rates to Ireland. It's booming. People (employees) are moving there. It's the whole point of the low business taxes.

Comment

• Those companies don't pay a lot of tax in the US, because they're small.

Comment

Those companies don't pay a lot of tax in the US, because they are small.
                                Heh. I don't think you have any idea what I'm talking about.

There are companies with 170 employees generating $650M in profit and billions more in revenue...

Comment

Working...
                                X