Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Victor Galis

Will that be available online? I suspect it won't be on TV in the states
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

There's a lot of hostility out there about this bailout and I think McCain might actually have looked a little better in many people's minds on that even though, personally I think they both sucked regarding it. Obama is really dropping the ball by not taking advantage of it. Maybe he's playing it safe. WTF?! Liberals are suppose to take risks.
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Well thank god I didn't watch a minute of this crap then.
        If you don't like reality, change it! me
        "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
        "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
        "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Victor Galis

I was forewarned he wouldn't be so good in debates.
          That is why there are only three debates and zero townhalls with both candidates. Obama doesn't do well in situations where he has to go off his preperation. Obama did well because he didn't have to think beyond what his staff prepped him for.
          "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved - loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves."--Victor Hugo

Comment

I really hope he isn't a yes man for the extreme left.
            Long time member @ Apolyton
            Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Point Obama for noting that even though taxes on corps are high, with so many loopholes they hardly pay anything.
              Revenue from corporate taxes is substantial.
              Last edited by Patroklos; September 27, 2008, 00:12.
              "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

On the other hand I don't think too many of our corporations are going to move to Ireland considering it's size.

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos

Revenue from corporate taxes are substantial.
                  That's not the point and (I'm not sure if) you know it.
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                  Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious
                    On the other hand I don't think too many of our corporations are going to move to Ireland considering it's size.
                    The Ireland comparison was disingenuous. They've the lowest businesses taxes in the world because no businesses were there because of The Troubles. It's a promotional thing and won't last forever.
                    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
                      I really hope he isn't a yes man for the extreme left.
                      Well, consider that he almost never votes for anything that might upset a liberal special interest group, even when most of his party was for the measure.
                      "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved - loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves."--Victor Hugo

Comment

Originally posted by Swissy

Well, consider that he almost never votes for anything that might upset a liberal special interest group, even when most of his party was for the measure.
                        This might be the most meaningless comment of the thread. Impressively done.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

The Ireland comparison was disingenuous. They've the lowest businesses taxes in the world because no businesses were there because of The Troubles. It's a promotional thing and won't last forever.
                          That and it's population is smaller than Singapore's.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious

That and it's population is smaller than Singapore's.
                            Population doesn't matter, but it is humourous.

Comment

I hadn't heard this before. Singapore is not humorous but Ireland is?
                              Long time member @ Apolyton
                              Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

They both are.

Comment

Working...
                                X