Who wants $10 million?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who wants $10 million?

Google is giving it away in a contest. Take a look.

Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

'Cept Google isn't giving it away. It say it will dedicate the $10,000,000 to help impliment the best ideas people send in.

Of course, my idea is for them to send me the $10 million.

Comment

I told them to give everyone a swift kick in the ass. Nothing will improve the world more than that.
      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Julia Louis-Dreyfus once gave a commencement address which ended with the wise advice: "Don't be an ass."

Comment

Take the 1,000,000 poorest families in the world and give them each $10.

Comment

That's probably the single dumbest thing you could do with the money, but it makes sense, you are from Michigan, where John Conyers and his wife represent you people. Dogs masquerading as humans. JOHN CONYERS: ITS BAACON! WHITE PERSON: ITS NOT BACON ITS BACON BITS! JOHN CONYERS: ITS BAAACON

Comment

Er...Wiglaf? You feeling okay??

Comment

Wiglaf, you are an idiot.

If Conyers was in charge he would form a government agency that would spend $4,000,000 trying to appropriate the $10,000,000. Then he would want to tax the distribution.

$10 to the poorest families in the world is probably equivalent to a year's salary.

Trusting people to know what to do with their own money as opposed to setting up a bureaucracy to "help" them is not something Conyers would go for.

It makes sense that you, being from Washington DC, feel that it is "the single dumbest thing" to let people decide on their own what to do with money.

Comment

Wouldn't $10 million worth of critical vaccines for vulnerable infants be far better than giving a bunch of homeless people $10 to buy some rice with? I think so, and it would pay far more dividends over time, rather than being useless after the first year of extra rice patties your retarded plan would get them.

Comment

Once again you seem to assume a) that you know what they would do with the money and b) that what you want to do with it is better.

Maybe they would buy some equipment they couldn't normally afford and increase their food production, or maybe buy a tract of land and grow some crops, or maybe a boat so they can fish or maybe pay a bribe and get buy their child back from a warlord or a million other things we can't even think of.

Let me ask you a question. Would you rather

a) receive a year's salary tax free and determine for yourself how best to use it

or

b) have money given to a bureaucracy so they can decide for you?

Comment

Working...
                    X