What do you do for a Living?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you do for a Living?

Just curious. What is your job? What do you actually do at your job?
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Elected official

Comment

Ooh really?

Comment

Originally posted by AngieC
        Ooh really?
        They elect dog catchers in the states
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I ruin lives. Day in and day out. Better them than me.
          Unbelievable!

Comment

Originally posted by Darius871
            I ruin lives. Day in and day out. Better them than me.
            me too.
            Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Re: What do you do for a Living?

Originally posted by OzzyKP
              Just curious. What is your job?
              I'm a software consultant.

What do you actually do at your job?
              Work on projects for clients?

Mostly in the financial services world. Some government. Prior to now most of the work has been with US investment banks, but recently (for obvious reasons), not.

It's mostly short development cycle projects. We get RFPs, we submit a proposal, we sign a contract, we hammer out the specs and requirements, then we develop it. It's pretty fast-paced, we churn through the projects pretty quickly. Mostly agile development practices.

Tech-wise, the company I work for specializes in Microsoft technologies (.NET 3.5 stack) but I'm known as the C++ guy, but I do both. With the investment banks over the past two years I've mostly done C++ on unix development, but lately it's been C# on Windows.

We don't do Macs.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Snore. What happened to your kid like wonder. When I was 5, I would want to be a firefighter or an astronaut or a ninja, not a boring software consultant. Grab life by the horns and do something that the 5 year old version of you would be happy with. In conclusion, I think cotton candy vendors have a wonderful job.

Comment

Re: What do you do for a Living?

Originally posted by OzzyKP
                  Just curious. What is your job?
                  I am currently a Poker Customer Support Representative
                  [q] What do you actually do at your job? [/QUOTE]

I help clients reconnect to my companies servers when they disconnect during poker tournaments, listen to them ***** about bad beats, help them deposit money into our company and something help them withdraw it.
                  Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

I'm over manufacturing production planning. Boards, card cages, cabling and racks.

I did the engineering prototype for Bush Sr.'s Air Force 1, a program called HPTS that was a long trailing wire antenna extended from a recon aircraft that was built to withstand nuclear fallout, and the King of Saudi Arabia's royal aircraft (SARA), complete with a throne that swivelled to always face Mecca and kept him in touch with his medical staff.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf
                      Snore. What happened to your kid like wonder. When I was 5, I would want to be a firefighter or an astronaut or a ninja, not a boring software consultant. Grab life by the horns and do something that the 5 year old version of you would be happy with. In conclusion, I think cotton candy vendors have a wonderful job.
                      I like what I do and it pays very well. I've already got *****es to do my bidding.

Firefighter? Give me a break. Those guys sit around jerking off all day and every now and then rescue a stupid cat from a stupid tree.

Astronaut? Take a good long look at the space shuttle. No thanks.

Ninja? Welcome to the 21st century. I'm a code ninja. We run the world, not the ninjas.

Go catch a dog.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                        I'm over manufacturing production planning. Boards, card cages, cabling and racks.

I did the engineering prototype for Bush Sr.'s Air Force 1, a program called HPTS that was a long trailing wire antenna extended from a recon aircraft that was built to withstand nuclear fallout, and the King of Saudi Arabia's royal aircraft (SARA), complete with a throne that swivelled to always face Mecca and kept him in touch with his medical staff.
                        Was it a porcelain throne?

Comment

Lawyer

I represent doctors and dentists that have been sued for medical malpractice. Ranges from the settle asap ie left in sponges, to er doctors that happened to be on duty when the walking dead stumbled through the er door.

This may change on thursday...

Comment

Sit in a box.

Sometimes I drink coffee.
                            APOSTOLNIK BEANIE BERET BICORNE BIRETTA BOATER BONNET BOWLER CAP CAPOTAIN CHADOR COIF CORONET CROWN DO-RAG FEDORA FEZ GALERO HAIRNET HAT HEADSCARF HELMET HENNIN HIJAB HOOD KABUTO KERCHIEF KOLPIK KUFI MITRE MORTARBOARD PERUKE PICKELHAUBE SKULLCAP SOMBRERO SHTREIMEL STAHLHELM STETSON TIARA TOQUE TOUPEE TRICORN TRILBY TURBAN VISOR WIG YARMULKE ZUCCHETTO

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

I like what I do and it pays very well. I've already got *****es to do my bidding.

Firefighter? Give me a break. Those guys sit around jerking off all day and every now and then rescue a stupid cat from a stupid tree.

Astronaut? Take a good long look at the space shuttle. No thanks.

Ninja? Welcome to the 21st century. I'm a code ninja. We run the world, not the ninjas.

Go catch a dog.
                              You don't run the world you fascist. You run the space between you and your keyboard. Astronauts regularly space walk. I'm not having this conversation. Wikipedia astronaut and put away your fire fighter calendar. Time's run out, the clock is still ticking?

Comment

Working...
                              X