No announcement yet.

Sarah Palin's Pastor Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I spent time with family last night as part of wanting to see them before I move away. We had an intense and interesting conversation on the election and politics after our dinner.

My family is white, Catholic background, and most of them live in rural Midwest (small town or on a farm). What I found interesting was that some of them sound like they're willing to vote for Obama. So much for the over generalization that all white Democrats in rural areas are so racist that they will never, ever vote for Obama.
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

MrFun's family is the barometer for America.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Theben
        Except Obama actually has experience, as well as charisma and sound judgement, while Palin lacks all three.
        While I have to agree on the sound judgement and the chrarisma parts... please list again all the experience that Obama has to be a chief executive of anything
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Selecting Biden isn't proof of sound judgement.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

heh, no argument there
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Judgment, people. The word is spelled judgment.
              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael
                Judgment, people. The word is spelled judgment.
                Both spellings are acceptable.

In Great Britain and many of its former colonies, “judgement” is still the correct spelling; but ever since Noah Webster decreed the first E superfluous, Americans have omitted it. Many of Webster’s crotchets have faded away (each year fewer people use the spelling “theater,” for instance); but even the producers of Terminator 2: Judgment Day chose the traditional American spelling. If you write “judgement” you should also write “colour.”
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

All the people spelling it judgement are Americans. You think they're doing because they want to sound British or because they don't know the ****ing difference?
                  "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Ming

While I have to agree on the sound judgement and the chrarisma parts... please list again all the experience that Obama has to be a chief executive of anything
                    please list again all the experience that McCain has to be a chief executive of anything, or isn't McCain the top of the ticket? Didn't Fiorina state that neither McCain nor Palin had the experience to run a large corporation? Though of course, clearly neither did Fiorina, seeing how she screwed up with HP.

If having "executive experience" is a be all end all of being president, why did Republicans chose (only) Sen. McCain when they had two governors and the mayor of the largest city in America to chose from?
                    If you don't like reality, change it! me
                    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael
                      All the people spelling it judgement are Americans. You think they're doing because they want to sound British or because they don't know the ****ing difference?
                      Because they agree that it logically makes more sense, perhaps.

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
                        please list again all the experience that McCain has to be a chief executive of anything, or isn't McCain the top of the ticket? Didn't Fiorina state that neither McCain nor Palin had the experience to run a large corporation? Though of course, clearly neither did Fiorina, seeing how she screwed up with HP.

If having "executive experience" is a be all end all of being president, why did Republicans chose (only) Sen. McCain when they had two governors and the mayor of the largest city in America to chose from?
                        At least they didn't select a junior senator with almost no experience to head up their ticket
                        Keep on Civin'
                        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                          Because they agree that it logically makes more sense, perhaps.
                          You really give them that much credit? You think they sat down and thought about which spelling was correct?

Comment

I do it all the time. Everyone else should, too.

Comment

I'll admit I typed it wrong. Geez.
                              Spelling Nazis at a gaming web site need to get a frickin life.
                              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah
                                I'll admit I typed it wrong. Geez.
                                Spelling Nazis at a gaming web site need to get a frickin life.
                                I COMMAND YOU TO CHILL SIR.

ATTACK THE ARGUMENTS, NOT THE POSTERS, YOU INSUFFERABLE SWINE.

Comment

Working...
                                X