Sarah Palin's Pastor Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rah

Is Biden going to get Obama votes he wouldn't have gotten? Biden has been a non factor since he was nominated. Probably not a lot of votes, so it can be argued who really made the better choice here.
    Obama went for someone who can step in should the worst happen.

McCain picked someone for political pandering.

Yes, the better choice can most definitely be argued.
    Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

OMG!!1! A VP choice was picked for political pandering?!! That's a first!!!
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
        Are you seriously telling me the religious right would abstain from voting for McCain, which is really a vote for Obama?
        Yes. If the people from the far left abstained from voting for Kerry in 2004, which is really a vote for Bush, you don't think it couldn't work the other way?
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

Yes. If the people from the far left abstained from voting for Kerry in 2004, which is really a vote for Bush, you don't think it couldn't work the other way?
          I didn't think any sizable amount of people did abstain from voting for Kerry from the far left. If they did, they deserved their vote not to be heard.

Frankly, the Palin choice has completely and utterly turned me off from McCain. I've said before that he'd be a massive improvement over Bush, but clearly that's not the case.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Yeah, Hmmm who should I pick for VP.
            1. Someone who will help me get votes.
            2. Someone who is ready to step in but who's a clown.

I would bet that almost all the VP picks in the past were decided by #1.

I think voter apathy on the far right might have been a problem if he hadn't chosen someone from their camp.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
              I didn't think any sizable amount of people did abstain from voting for Kerry from the far left. If they did, they deserved their vote not to be heard.
              Considering that about 40% of the US population didn't vote at all (voter turnout was the highest since '68, but that's still just 60% turnout), I'd imagine a good deal of people from both sides abstained from voting.

Comment

Obama went for someone who can step in should the worst happen.
                He went for someone who will step in regardless. He will be an American Richelieu.

The ticket really should be the other way around, with Obama taking the reigns for the second eight year after he has a record to speak of. Hell, I could see that perhaps capturing the presidency for the Dems for the next 16 years from a Dem perspective.
                "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos
                  He means just counting the Republican presidents, which would mean Bush I who was a WWII fighter pilot.
                  Oh, what party was Bill Pullman?
                  Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                  "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Elok

Depends on where you're coming from. Look at the Rev. Wright controversy.
                    Yea, because saying something negative about America is the same thing as hunting witches.
                    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Hell, I could see that perhaps capturing the presidency for the Dems for the next 16 years from a Dem perspective.
                      Could happen anyway. But likely, with all the problems we're facing as a country, whoever wins this election is going to be a one-term president. I can't see any administration solving all the problems we're up against.
                      I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                      I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

If Rev. Wright hounded someone out of town, I wonder what DD and Pat would be saying.
                        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

This is getting funnier by the minute...
                          The Dems point at Palin's lack of experience, and it also helps to remind people that one of Obama's greatest weaknesses is his lack of experience.

Now we have this situation, which only brings back to the forefront the problems Obama has with his own minister, something that has been a non story for months.

One can only wonder what will be next...
                          Keep on Civin'
                          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Sounds like a far better entitlement justification than, say, being black.

I'm voting for Obama for more legitimate reasons and not because he's black.
                            A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
                              The Dems point at Palin's lack of experience, and it also helps to remind people that one of Obama's greatest weaknesses is his lack of experience.

Now we have this situation, which only brings back to the forefront the problems Obama has with his own minister, something that has been a non story for months.

One can only wonder what will be next...
                              And other other funny part is that those who support Palin in spite of her lack of experience in military and foreign affairs are attacking Obama for the same things.

Yeah, I know -- Palin is "only" the VP choice while Obama is a presidential candidate. But that does not make Palin supporters attacking Obama for same things Palin suffers from any less funny.
                              A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
                                Except Obama actually has experience, as well as charisma and sound judgement, while Palin lacks all three.
                                I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                                I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Working...
                                X