No announcement yet.

Sarah Palin's Pastor Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MCCAIN IS TeH VIETNAM VETERAN and a FORMER POW! This makes TeH McCain entitled to TeH presidency!
    Sounds like a far better entitlement justification than, say, being black.
    "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Are you suggesting that all of Obama's accomplishments are from being Black? Or even a significant portion? Or even any?

JM
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious
        I can't believe Slowwy and DD. They find out the VP candidate's church hunts witches and they shrug it off like it doesn't matter. What if the VP was actually a blood sucking vampire? Would they care?
        Depends on where you're coming from. Look at the Rev. Wright controversy.
        1011 1100
        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Are you suggesting that all of Obama's accomplishments are from being Black? Or even a significant portion? Or even any?
          No, obviously.

I was making fun of those like Kid who do think that, and Mr. Fun who pretends McCain is hanging his hat on his POW time.

In other words, neither are entitled to anything.
          "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

It just occured to me that if McCain were elected, it would be the 3rd consecutive Republican President trained as a fighter pilot. And the 2nd in 3 to actually have the balls to use his training!
            Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos

No, obviously.
              Don't roll your eyes at us. That's exactly what you were doing.

Sounds like a far better entitlement justification than, say, being black.
              What you just said is being a vet/POW is a "far better entitlement justification" than being black, implying that it IS AN ENTITLEMENT JUSTIFICATION.

Now if you want to retract this patently ridiculous statement, you can, but don't roll your eyes and pretend you didn't say what you said.

I'll call you on your **** each and every time. Count on it.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Ninot
                It just occured to me that if McCain were elected, it would be the 3rd consecutive Republican President trained as a fighter pilot. And the 2nd in 3 to actually have the balls to use his training!
                McCain, Dubbaya, and the guy from Independence Day?
                Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                  People realize it's McCain running for president, right?
                  I only ask because it seems like the focus is on someone who won't really matter, under normal circumstances.
                  Right, but I was under the impression that a president's main job was to take decisions, to make choices about policies, but also about people.
                  The very first choice of a proto-president (a candidate,if you prefer) is to chose a VP.
                  The quality of this first decision may be an indication of the competence of the president in chosing his councellers, or the people he wants to give responsabilities to.
                  Did McCain put the right person at the right place is certainly a valid question to ask.
                  Having questions about what kind of moral authorities Palin has chosen to listen to, looks very reasonable to me.

Who are the people McCain will put in charge? What are the their moral, spiritual, philosophical influences, certainly is relevant.
                  McCain cannot be blamed for the pastor's ideas, he can certainly be questionned for putting in charge people who seems to have no problem with, to listen to such ideas.
                  The books that the world calls immoral are the books that show the world its own shame. Oscar Wilde.

Comment

You have to look at the overall picture.
                    McCain had to pick someone to satisfy the right.
                    He needed to pick an outsider so he could pretend another maverick type.
                    But most importantly, you pick a vp candidate that will help you get some votes.

Palin is going to get him some votes that he wouldn't have gotten.
                    Is Biden going to get Obama votes he wouldn't have gotten? Biden has been a non factor since he was nominated. Probably not a lot of votes, so it can be argued who really made the better choice here.
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Don't roll your eyes at us. That's exactly what you were doing.

No, it was obvious sarcasm. NOBODY is entitled to the presidency. However, if we are going to contrast people who believe either candidate is entitled to the presidency, it is hilarious to see those types of Obama supporters critisize those types of McCain supporters.

I'll call you on your **** each and every time. Count on it.
                      And you look foolish every time, and we do count on that

McCain, Dubbaya, and the guy from Independence Day?
                      He means just counting the Republican presidents, which would mean Bush I who was a WWII fighter pilot.

Biden has been a non factor since he was nominated. Probably not a lot of votes, so it can be argued who really made the better choice here.
                      Obama needed a regent.

Comment

Originally posted by rah
                        You have to look at the overall picture.
                        McCain had to pick someone to satisfy the right.
                        Or what, they'd vote Obama?

Come on.
                        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos

No, it was obvious sarcasm.
                          It was not obvious and it was not sarcasm.

This isn't the military, I will hear no more of your lies.

Comment

To get them to bother to go out on election day Asher.

JM
                            Jon Miller-
                            I AM.CANADIAN
                            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                              The pastor isn't running. Why should I care?
                              You made more noise when this idiot black pastor of Obama was in the news...
                              "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
                                To get them to bother to go out on election day Asher.

JM
                                Are you seriously telling me the religious right would abstain from voting for McCain, which is really a vote for Obama?

They're dumber than I first though. Which is saying something...

Comment

Working...
                                X